Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Custom Reports in HP PPM

Highlighted
Sharon Herbst
Occasional Advisor

Creating Custom Reports in HP PPM

We are new to HP PPM and have the need to schedule reports to be sent either by email or to a particular directory. Our users do not want to have to go into the tool to look at a portlet. What is the best way to do this. We have tried created a custom sql plus report but have run into errors. What has worked well for others in this area.
6 REPLIES
victoria loft
Collector

Re: Creating Custom Reports in HP PPM

Go to Reports/Create a Report. Look at the module that you want to generate reports from, like Time Management for delinquent time sheets. You can create scheduled reports to run, available in PPM, the application can send an email to the user at the scheduled time (repeatable) sending a link to the report via email.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Creating reports for ppm like HP delivers them is a hassle; if you really need to, do so, in all other cases think about integrating a third party report tool. We did so using "Jasper Reports". You would need a custom ppm report, a JSP that calls the jasper report and the jasper report itself of course.
There are even ways to integrate it in the PPM report engine, so we are still able to use its scheduling feature.
Regards
Sascha
haciyanli
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sharon,

Have you ever looked for a report pack for HP PPM?
There is one third party which has a complete coverage of modules including a ready to use data mart on Oracle, ready to use reports on Cognos and Business Objects (and also you can use ad-hoc reporting to build your custom reports); or if you want to use another reporting software you can integrate other 3rd party reporting softwares on it to customize your reports. It is really meaningful to use such kind of a proven Data Mart application to minimize your risk and quickly deploy your reports. If you need any information please let me know.

Regards,

Sukru
Cha30
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi! We have been using PPM in our company and it's been critical during our reviews both for admin and also invoicing specially with vendors. I would like to inquire if there's a way to generate a report that would extract for me the Daily Time Charges of the resources. We are currently only able to generate report per Week.

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Hi...I played with this a little a while back. I'll offer the following, without any warranty :)

select ts.time_sheet_id
,u.full_name
,tsl.time_sheet_line_id
,tsl.work_item_type
,tsl.work_item_id
,ktmg_utils.derive_work_item_description(tsl.WORK_ITEM_ID,tsl.WORK_ITEM_TYPE) "DESCRIPTION"
,ae.actual_effort
,p.start_date + ae.effort_order "ACTUALS_DATE"
from tm_actuals ta
join tm_actuals_effort ae on ae.actuals_id = ta.actuals_id
join tm_time_sheet_lines tsl on tsl.time_sheet_line_id = ta.time_sheet_line_id
join tm_time_sheets ts on ts.time_sheet_id = tsl.time_sheet_id
join ktmg_periods p on p.period_id = ts.period_id
join knta_users u on u.user_id = ts.resource_id
where 1=1
and u.full_name = 'John Smith'
and ta.totals_flag = 'Y'
and tsl.state != 5
and ae.actual_effort > 0

naal
Acclaimed Contributor

Can you please mention thoser third party reporting tool? specially that is easy to use by anyone

haciyanli wrote:
Hi Sharon,

Have you ever looked for a report pack for HP PPM?
There is one third party which has a complete coverage of modules including a ready to use data mart on Oracle, ready to use reports on Cognos and Business Objects (and also you can use ad-hoc reporting to build your custom reports); or if you want to use another reporting software you can integrate other 3rd party reporting softwares on it to customize your reports. It is really meaningful to use such kind of a proven Data Mart application to minimize your risk and quickly deploy your reports. If you need any information please let me know.

Regards,

Sukru

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event