Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Created request automatically going to "Bug request type Workflow" ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
RRK_19
Respected Contributor.

Created request automatically going to "Bug request type Workflow" ??

Hi,

When some users try creating requests in 'Demand Mangement', the requests are created but not getting associated with the respective workflow. Instead its being associated with "Bug Request Type Workflow" (i assume its a default WF).

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

What is the possible solution to avoid this?  Is there any fix?

Also is it dependent on something defined in the RT?

Thanks for your help!!

Roopesh

5 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Created request automatically going to "Bug request type Workflow" ??

There is a fix for this in the 9.14 release. The tracking  numbers are 4632280591 and  4634992910. We do still see this occur about once per month, though. In a typical month, we have about 52,000 requests submitted so this is not a big issue at this point. We did modify the Bug Request Type workflow to send an email to the support team and wait. We then reassign the request to the correct workflow and let it proceed.

knsub
Super Contributor.
Solution

Hello Roopesh,

Please conifrm if you have added the workflow to be used under "Workflows" tab of the particular request type in workbench.

Also at the top of the menu in workbench, click on Request Type -->Request Header Setup.
This is where the Default Workflow “Bug Request Type Workflow” will be stored. Just change it and see if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Subash

RRK_19
Respected Contributor.

Hi Subash,

No. We will associate the workflow for each request type using rules (simple deaults).

Yes, the default workflow is set as “Bug Request Type Workflow”. After changing, how do i recreate the scenario?

I tried but couldn't recreate... Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Roopesh

knsub
Super Contributor.

Hello Roopesh,

After changing the Default workflow you could have tried creating a new request and seen which workflow is being associated with the new request.

What is the PPM version and service pack level you are on.

Also is this issue seen with all the users or only few users?

Could you attach the export of problematic workflow and request type so that I can try importing in my instance.

Thanks,

Subash

randull
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can fix this issue by adding request type rules, on creation which assign the default workflow to the request type.

This is the way that most of the users avoid this issue.

Thanks,

Randall

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”