Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Create Timesheet automatically?

Highlighted
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Create Timesheet automatically?

Hi,

I wonder if there is any way of creating a timesheet through Standard PPM ORACLE PACKAGES.

I know it is available through web services, but in this case I need to do some programming which I don't want to do if possible using packages. 

Regards

T.M.

7 REPLIES
randull
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Create Timesheet automatically?

Hi TurboMan,

I haven't heard about any solution like the one you want to reach. Also, from the support perspective there haven't been any case which a client implemented something like that.

Maybe, you can use the procedures that are executed when the timesheet gets copied.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Kerim KILIC
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

There is no ootb package for that, i developed my solution with insert and update in tm tables.

If you want tricks on that let me know.

Regards

Kerim

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Kerim,

Yes please, I'd love to hear your solution.

Regards
T.M.
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Randall,

If it is possible manually, then there must be a way of implementing automatically.

Regards
T.M.
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Inserting in TM table won't be enough, there are lot of tables that need to be updated as well. For example TM_APRROVER, DELEGATE, TM EFFORTS, ROLL UPS, AUDIT LOGS tables and many more.

Web service is the best and safest option, else you can use sh kTMDataConversion.sh to import timesheets.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Utkarsh,

I accept this as a solution, OOH, I need to create an empty TS without any lines.

kTMDataConversion doesn't let you create any time sheet without any lines, because it must obey the timeConversion.xsd XML schema rules.

(http://<Host>:<Port>/itg/web/knta/global/webservices/xsd/timeConversion.xsd)

Is there any way of creating TS withıut any lines?

Regards

T.M.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can create a default miscellanious Item line, it make no harm in doing this.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra