SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
esska_
Regular Collector

Create TimePeriond in Time Management

Hi all,
I have question about adding new Time Period in Time Management/Time Sheets
When I try to Create new Time Sheet I do not have option to choose in Time Period. time Period is blank (the whole PPM has no project).
When I have to add Time Periods to display in Time Management/Time Sheets/Create Time Sheet/Time Period.

Regards,
esska

5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Create TimePeriond in Time Management

Hi
See "TimeCG.pdf" Chapter 2 page 23
Good Luck
esska_
Regular Collector

Hi,
Thank you for reply.
I don't see in my Oracle database tablespace named KTMG_PERIOD_TYPES. Is it possible that it should be changed somewhere outside database?
Of course by default I see in PPM sem-month time period, but I an not able to add new one.

Regards,
esska
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hi,

Here are the steps to do that,

Step 1. Enable Period Type - Use the following scripts based on the period type you want in the system to be enabled and disable the rest of the period types, e.g. if you want WEEKLY period type in the system then you can run these scripts,

UPDATE ktmg_period_types SET enabled_flag = 'Y' WHERE duration_code = 'WEEKLY'

UPDATE ktmg_period_types SET enabled_flag = 'N' WHERE duration_code = 'BI_WEEKLY'

UPDATE ktmg_period_types SET enabled_flag = 'N' WHERE duration_code = 'SEMI_MONTHLY'

UPDATE ktmg_period_types SET enabled_flag = 'N' WHERE duration_code = 'MONTHLY'

Optionally, if you want to change your start day of the week, then you can run this script. The script below shows start day of the week as 'SUNDAY',

UPDATE ktmg_period_types SET start_day_code = 'SUNDAY' WHERE duration_code = 'WEEKLY'

Step 2: Create time periods - To create time periods, logon to the unix shell (or cygwin) and run this command,

sh kGenTimeMgmtPeriods.sh

Step 3: Create timesheet policies - Create the required timesheet policies from the Workbench and select the above WEEKLY as option in the timesheet policy. If you have only one timesheet policy then you can select this timesheet policy as global policy by clicking on the 'Set Global Policy' button in the timesheet policy tab in the Workbench. So all users will automatically fall into this timesheet policy. If you do this, then you don't need to do the step no.4 below.

Step 4: Assign users to the timesheet policy - If you have different timesheet policies for different users, then choose the timesheet policy for each user as required by opening each users' account.

Once this is done, then you would be able to see the time periods in the drop-down while creating the timesheet and will be able to create timesheets also.
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Also, for the questions you have asked in your second post,

I don't see in my Oracle database tablespace named KTMG_PERIOD_TYPES - IT WILL BE IN THE PPM TABLESPACE ONLY.

Is it possible that it should be changed somewhere outside database? - NO IT WILL BE WITHIN THE DATABASE ONLY. BUT ONLY FOR CREATING TIMEPERIODS YOU NEED TO DO THAT FROM THE UNIX SHELL BY RUNNING THE SCRIPT I MENTIONED ABOVE.

Of course by default I see in PPM sem-month time period, but I an not able to add new one. - TO ADD A NEW ONE USE THE 'UPDATE' SCRIPT MENTIONED ABOVE BY USING 'Y' AS ENABLED FLAG TO THE ONE YOU WANT TO ENABLE.
esska_
Regular Collector

Hi,
Thank you for replies.
The problem was with pure sqlplus. It's better to use some tool to connect to database and see whole tablespaces.
Updating time period was done without any complications.

Regards,
esska
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event