Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost

Highlighted
Jayalakshmi
Occasional Advisor

Cost

Project costs. What is the best way to track planned and actual costs for labour and non-labour in the budget? How can these be rolled up into a program budget? How can the program budgets be rolled up into the organization budget?
4 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cost

Hi.
1) Planned labor not track to budget from work plan. This is bug of PPM. Other track to budget if in project setting enabled Financial Management.
2) To program budget these rolled from project budget automaticly if enabled Financial Management for program.
3)Organization budget - Don't know
God Luck
Jayalakshmi
Occasional Advisor

I know the rollup of these cost details. I would like to know what is the best way to trach the cost for my project ?

Regards,
jaya
Jayalakshmi
Occasional Advisor

Like the below way..................
1. All financial information entered in 1 place. e.g. all costs entered in the workplan only
2. All financial information to roll up to it's parent budget e.g. from a project to it's programme to it's department
3. Timesheets to be used and planned labour costs calculated
4. Planned and Actual labour costs for the same budget item must appear on the same row in the budget. e.g. if I plan to spend £50000 on a server, the actual cost for this item should appear in the same row on the budget as the planned cost.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

You can't get Planned and Actual labor costs for the same budget item to appear on the same row in the budget. If you roll in actuals from the work plan, they are only shown in the Totals because there is no way to assign them to the correct budget line item (side note: this is being fixed in 8.0). Same with non-labor costs. You can put these actuals in the work plan, but you cannot assign a budget catgory (line) that they should go to.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event