Cost Calculation Prjects

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Daniel Galvez
Super Contributor.

Cost Calculation Prjects

Hi all,

We have installed PPM 7.1 with service pack 8 integrated with documentum.
At this moment when we create a project and configure it ( create the work plan and schedule it ) We don't know why PPM put a cost value for the task even those are not associated with a resource. We have many cost rules for the type of the resource ( like a manager, developer, etc ) but as I told you we do not associate a resource to the task. Why PPM is calculating the cost?

I'll appreciate your comments and help,
kind regards,
Daniel
6 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Cost Calculation Prjects

Daniel,Good Day.
I think what PPM calculate cost from default cost rule for region.Check this rule.
Good Luck
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Daniel, in the absence of actual resources to cost a task with, PPM defaults to the rate for the Role that is assigned to the task.
Daniel Galvez
Super Contributor.

Hi Semenov and Erick,

Thanks a lot for your response. In the mean time Erick I'll check your suggestion. Semenov all the tasks at the work plan do not have a rol association, this is why I'm confused because theoretically if I have some rules associated to the roles, the cost calculation is based on it; but if the tasks do not have any rol association where PPM are getting the costs values?

Thank you very much for your response;
kind regards,
Daniel
Sangiliraja_1
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Hi Daniel,

There will be atleast one cost rule present in the PPM System matching the criteria. For example you may have a cost rule with no factors and will be the default rate applied.

Please check it out.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Daniel Galvez
Super Contributor.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your response. As you told me I found a rule cost association that had a value for no function / role associated.
I change it to "0" and hope it resolve the issue. Do you know any way to delete it?

kind regards,
Daniel
Sangiliraja_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi Daniel,

You will not be able to delete a Cost rule once created. You wil be able to adjust the values in cost rules to match ur requirement.

Also pls dont try to delete it from backend as it may have adverse effect on the system,

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P