Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Corrupt File with differing Transfer Protocols

Highlighted
Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

Corrupt File with differing Transfer Protocols

When performing migrations we have found that if the transfer protocols differ between the source and destination servers then the file becomes corrupt. I am on PPM 8.03 but have noticied this with other versions as well. Our Source server is set to use SCP2 but the Destination server is set to use FTP(ACTIVE). Source server is HP-UX, and Destination server is Linux. When the transfer occurs, the file is transfered in DOS format. What can be changed so we ensure the file is transfered in UNIX format.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Corrupt File with differing Transfer Protocols

Are you using the ksc_copy_xx_xx commands to move the files? If so, you may need to add FILE_TYPE="ASCII" to the command line so end of lines are converted appropriately. The default value for this parameter is the value in [P.P_FILE_TYPE] if that token is defined.

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

Yes, we are using the ksc_copy_xxx_xxx, but within our Object Type used in Deployment management the File Type field is set and thus I am assuming by setting the token value through the Object Type that it will pass to the ksc_copy_xxx_xxx. Let me know if I am assuming incorrectly. We are using the seeded object types that have the File Type field.

Akif Saburi
Super Contributor.

Try running the below command after file ksc_copy_xxx_xxx

dos2unix a.txt a.txt