Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Correcting Time Entered Against Misc Items on a Closed Timesheet?

Highlighted
Tomas O'Conghai
New Member.

Correcting Time Entered Against Misc Items on a Closed Timesheet?

Hi, anybody any ideas as to how it may be possible to allow users to back-out time entered against Misc items on a Timesheet?

I'm referring to cases where a Timesheet has already been Submitted, Approved and Closed for a given period, and hence can no longer be edited.

Generally for a Task on a Timesheet, a user can simply enter a duplicate Timesheet for that same period, and enter negative hours against the Task to correct the hours incorrectly entered on the earlier Closed Timesheet.

In the case of Misc items however, the system does not allow you to enter negative hours, so this is not possible.

I do not see any settings in the Time Sheet Policy configuration settings that would allow this.

Any ideas? Back-end update, PPMC Reports etc. will not suffice since this is something I would like to allow end-users to easily and readily perform themselves.

Thanks...

1 REPLY
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Correcting Time Entered Against Misc Items on a Closed Timesheet?

Hi,

one quick idea that just passed my mind: you can enable the users to create another timesheet for the same period, have a misc item of type "Correction", implement Time Sheet Line User Data for the users to select the corrected item and then build a custom report to correlate the entries.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem