The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy existing projects from PRODUCTION to TEST environment

Highlighted
ShravanK
Regular Collector

Copy existing projects from PRODUCTION to TEST environment

Hello,

Is there any possibility where I can copy few requests from my production environment to my TEST environment for PPM - project request type. We need to migrate some new enhancements into production. Before that we need to check the impact on old projects that were already existed in production. For this purpose, we would like to copy some existing projects from production to TEST environment.

Can anyone please guide me how we can do this.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Shravan

3 REPLIES
Amishra

Re: Copy existing projects from PRODUCTION to TEST environment

Good Morning Shravan,

Based on my experiences i would rather stay away from doing partial refreshes... as it can be complex.. the sequences, the indexes, tables etc will be affected. 

Why not,

- Take a backup of all the existing development work in DEV/TEST.

- Do a full refresh of TEST from Production

- Reimport your changes and test them. 

Cheers,

Ajay

ShravanK
Regular Collector

Hi Ajay,

Thank you for update. But we are in middle of UAT and at this time we cannot refresh entire PPM objects from production to TEST.

The purpose of this copy is to only see certain old projects how they are behaving with new workflow in TEST.

and we need only few projects ( around 5 projects) to copy to TEST.

Those old projects in production can be created with new sequene in the TEST database. I am assuming this is not a problem.

Please advise if any alternate.

Best Regards,

Shravan

Amishra

Hi Shravan,

I dont think there is any alternative... i would still highly recommend NOT to do any partial refreshes as i have seen instances where things have gone south...... anyways i will leave it with you.

You will have to identify all the impacted tables and then do selective refresh of those tables.

If it is just 5 projects why not create them in TEST, create a test scenario or somewhat on those lines....... 

Cheers,

Ajay

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event