Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Request Command not Working

Highlighted
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Copy Request Command not Working

I have a command step in a workflow that uses the "copy request" special command. This command step works in a simple request type/simple 3-step workflow, and creates the appropriate new request type and attaches to the original request.

I'm using this command in a more involved request type/workflow, but the "child" request will not create. looking at the the graphial view, this command step has the result of "succeeded," however a new request does not get created or attached to the original.

Without any error messages I am unable to troubleshoot, but was hoping someone has seen this before.

Thanks in advance!
10 REPLIES
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Re: Copy Request Command not Working

Katy,

We are using this, and this works...

ksc_copy_request FROM_REQUEST_ID="[REQ.REQUEST_ID]" REQUEST_TYPE_ID="30244" WORKFLOW_ID="31180" COPY_FIELDS="Y" COPY_NOTES="N" CREATE_REFERENCE="Y" REFERENCE_RELATIONSHIP="Child of this Request" SUBMIT="Y"
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Thanks for your response,

my code is the same, and is working in one workflow, just not the second workflow. Not sure how to troubleshoot.
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Katy,

We had similar problems too, does this work for all the requests associated with the workflow or some of them.

Thanks
Sandeep K
Super Collector

Katy,
Are you trying to copy a PFM Proposal or a PFM Project ?
If there are any common Field groups between the parent and child request, it will not create the new request.
For Example:
If a PFM Proposal has a budget component attached and the request that you are trying to create also has a budget component and both budgets with the same token KNTA_BUDGET, the new request will not get created.
Is your scenario something like this ?

--Sandeep.
Mikko Vesin
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

we have the same problem, but it limits only to one request type id. Other req type ids work well.

BR,
Mikko
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Hello,

There are other request types that use this workflow, but i have only attempted the command on one request type. The requests and workflows in my scenario are custom-not project related.

the tokens/fields in the original request type are similar to the fields in the "child" request that the command should create. This function was supported by the kcvs_utilities create_request function in the 5.5 version, but now that we have upgraded to 7.1, the only way i could figure to recreate the function was to use this command. Perhaps this is the wrong method?

Just as an FYI, I do have about 25 other command steps that are creating requests successfully. Just for some reason this one will not work...
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Katy,

Did you figure out what needed modifications.

Thanks
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

hello,

unfortunately, i have not figured out a resolution yet. I've had a support case open for a month and a half now, and still havent gotten an answer from HP.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Katy, one other thing you could try is calling the procedure kcrt_request_util.copy_request directly (using sqlplus or your db tool of choice) with the parameters that your workflow would be sending. If there are errors, you should be able to see them.
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

Probably it could help somebody in the future
I've faced with a problem:
- ksc_copy_request give success result but new request isn't created
In my case the reason was that target workflow was not enabled

Probably it could happen because Request Type is not enabled also
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event