Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Consolidated Demand Portlet

Highlighted
Brandon Kniffen
Valued Contributor.

Consolidated Demand Portlet

All -

How do you go about setting up your demand requests to show up in the consolidated demand portlet? Do you have to use specific field groups or specific transitions in the workflow to drive the consolidate demand views? How do you get the New, Backlog, Rejected and Satisfied lables on the demand? We are in the process of defining our demand now and want to ensure that we can use the OOTB provided portlets...that leverage the demand sets.

Thanks!!
7 REPLIES
Neha Chauhan
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Consolidated Demand Portlet

Hi Brandon,
Are your demands in form of requests and New, Backlog, Rejected etc are the statuses used in the Request types? If that is the case there are many OOTB portlets available. You can use Request List, Request Summary and pie or bar charts for this.
Neha
Brandon Kniffen
Valued Contributor.

Neha -

Thanks for responding. No, this isnt status driven this is driven based on some demand functionality in demand sets that displays in the consolidate demand portlet. I know we can use the request summary, request list, etc....but I want to use the consolidated demand portlet. Do you know how to get that up and running? with the correct data?
Thanks
Neha Chauhan
Frequent Contributor.

Brandon,
To use that portlet you need to first create a "Demand Set" or you can use the "Default Demand Set" as well. Demand sets can be created Administration ->> Demand Sets & Processes ->> Manage Demand Sets ->> Create new Demand Set. Once you hit create button, you have to associate your request types. Only associated request types will appear in Consolidated Demand portlet.
Then there are 2 field groups starting from Demand Management that you should add in your request types.
I have never used this feature but I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Neha
Neha Chauhan
Frequent Contributor.

Just for your information I am looking at HP PPM 7.5 SP4 version.
Neha Chauhan
Frequent Contributor.

One more thing, DEM - Demand Disposition is the validation where New, Satisfied, Backlog etc are defined. Go to validation and look for validations that start from "DEM - ", basically these are the validations where you will need to modify.
Thanks!
Brandon Kniffen
Valued Contributor.

With the Demand Disposition validation, do you have to use the existing validation values or can you add your own? For some reason it looks like the consolidated demand portlet requires you to use those values. Also, im assuming since this is just a validation you need to tag this to a field on the form. My concern is I dont see this in any of the field groups for the demand field groups. This is used in reports, but not any field groups. How would you try to leverage it to use it for reporting?

Thanks!!
Neha Chauhan
Frequent Contributor.

Brandon,
I have never used this feature but I found out a HP supplied pdf on this "Tracking and Managing IT Demand Userâ s Guide". This pdf explains about demand disposition and its other features in detail. you can download it from the support site or I can mail it you if you want.

Regards,
Neha