Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Connection not established. Please close this window, refresh your Dashboard, and try again. (KNTA-1

Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

Connection not established. Please close this window, refresh your Dashboard, and try again. (KNTA-1

We are having the following error when we try log on to workbench

Connection not established. Please close this window, refresh your Dashboard, and try again. (KNTA-10976)

We are running version 8.0 SP1. We are we are using apache to load balance to the app servers and an external load balancer to load balance to apache. We have one cluster and the cluster has 2 physical servers each physical server runs 2 JVMS in the cluster for a total of 4 JVMS. When we changed the BASE_URL for Prod it did not solve any of our problems. We wanted to get our PROD match QA so that both our environments are always in synch. We also have a problem with the distribution of our configuration. One Admin made updates from Workbench and we can see the change immediately. When a second Admin logs in and we are routed to some other node and we do not see the changes that we made. We were updating one of the security groups just to give view only access to the users it worked fine one day and there was no changes made after that but the user still has edit capabilities. I have double checked the security group myself and there are no edit capabilities but from instance we see that there are edit capabilities and from the other instance the edit capabilities are not there only view access. Also we were removing a security group from a user and it worked fine but when we are log back again depending on which instance we are routed we see different results. The value of the BASE_URL is our DNS name. When we go to each instance directly from its URL, not using the DNS, the workbench is connected without any problems. Verified this with each instance. When we use the DNS name, the workbench may or may not get connected. It is hit or miss.
2 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Connection not established. Please close this window, refresh your Dashboard, and try again. (KNTA-1

We have run clusters with 6.0 and 7.5 but have not used 8.0. I assume there have been no major changes, though.

What values do you have for com.kintana.core.server.RMI_URL for each of the @node setups in server.conf?

Which node is running services?
DmitryLapygin
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Connection not established. Please close this window, refresh your Dashboard, and try again. (KN

I had the same issue when use  ip address.

I add line with server ip and name in hosts file like this

123.212.9.214    you_server_name 

and after this it's OK.

it looks like Workbench use server name from server.conf file to start, not ip address

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event