Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of XML Importer 7.1 SP3 with PPM 9.1 ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
dokhelar
Occasional Contributor

Compatibility of XML Importer 7.1 SP3 with PPM 9.1 ?

Hi

by the past we used XML Importer 7.1 SP3 to import org units, users, requests, budgets, staffing profiles in a PPM V7 instance.

Now we need to import the same kind of data on a PPM V9.1 instance.

Is the XML Importer 7.1 SP3 compatible with PPM v9.1 ?

or do we need to use a new version of XML importer tool for PPM V9.1 ?

If a new version exists for PPM 9.1, does this version allow the import of workplans and timesheets ? (options not available in the XML Importer 7.1 SP3) 

François

6 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Compatibility of XML Importer 7.1 SP3 with PPM 9.1 ?

Hi, dokhelar,

there is a new version of the excel add-in which works with the new model starting with PPM 8. Please send me a private message with your email address.

For workplans, you can use the native plugin for MS Project to upload the workplans. Please check the Project Management Configuration Guide and Project Management User Guide for more details.

For importing timesheets, you can use the PPM native functionality introduced in PPM 7.5 to import timesheets. For more information, check out the Time Management Configuration Guide, Appendix A Importing Time Sheet Data from External Applications.

As for budgets and staffing profiles, I think the best way is to make use of web services.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
dokhelar
Occasional Contributor

Why to use web services for financial summaries and staffing profiles, while the XML importer allow the import of these data ?

Are there some restrictions in XML importer ?

François

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

hi, Francois,

I always advise my customers to avoid as much as possible undocumented updates on entities and rather to do these changes via workflows.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
dokhelar
Occasional Contributor

Hi

thanks for your advice

regards

F.Dokhelar

esteri
Super Collector

Hi,

I would like to use the new fuctionality "Import Request from xml" included in PPM 9.13 to import new request in PPM from a xml which I supposed will have all the information.

To use this functionality I need to files:

• XML File to Import
  • XSL Template

The problem is that I don't know which are the correct structures these files should have.

Can anyone send me an example of these to files needed to import a simple request configured out of the box in PPM 9.13?

Thanks a lot!

crobinsonATX
Occasional Contributor

If anyone could pass the importer along to me that would be greatly appreciated.  We're currently on 8.02 so a version 8 compatible plug-in would be great.

chance.robinson@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Chance

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event