Compatibility HP-PPM 9.22 with client browser IE11

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
marco_cattarin
Occasional Contributor

Compatibility HP-PPM 9.22 with client browser IE11

Hello,

does someone can quickly indicate to me is exist a patch level that, applied to HP-PPM v.9.22, can ensure to me (and the users!) a compatibility with client browser IE11 (Internet Explorer 11).

If yes, thanks to provide documentation reference or link.

thanks a lot,

Marco Cattarin 

7 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Compatibility HP-PPM 9.22 with client browser IE11

Hi Marco,

IE 11 is supported from v9.30 forward, thus not for 9.22

Attaching the System Requirement Guide for 9.22

You can get any documentation about PPM including the System Requirements guide from the new Self Solve Online-site.

http://softwaresupport.hp.com/

Best regards,

Dirk

Please 'solve' this thread if your question is answered.

-- Kudos always welcome --

SandraL
Occasional Contributor

Have you tried running with IE in "Compatibility Mode" for a work around?

We are running different levels than you, but that resolved the errors and issues that we were having when using PPM.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Sandra,

IE 11 will run true on the most part with PPM 9.22 but there are still some UI-issues that persist.

I understood the question to be a compliance / certification which there is not on 9.22.

We never strictly 'forbid' the usage of non-certified browsers but will check if the issue occurs on supported and certified versions if anything is reported.

Best regards,

Dirk

marco_cattarin
Occasional Contributor

Hello, thanks a lot for you answer.

Have you possibility to indicate to me some (typical) doubtrack that with IE11 was experienced on HP-PPM 9.2?

I'm in progress to assure to a supplier a green-light on usage, but it requires to me to provide compatibility test results (to well know EXACLTY which eventual problems on the UI may occour)   

Best regards

Marco Cattarin

Vikal_Sharma
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Marco,

I have tested HP-PPM 9.22 on browser IE 11. Most of the things are working fine but as mentioned by Dirk there are some UI-issues that persist like :
1. Project Management : Project Details tab is not loaded completely. (Works fine in compatibility mode)
2. Project Management : Jump To section on left hand side is not working. (Works fine in compatibility mode)

Also,Workbench does not opens. (Works fine in compatibility mode)

Please correct me if these are working in your instance.

Best Regards,

Vikal Sharma

marco_cattarin
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

many thenaks for your examples (and for the communications that with "compatibility mode" the UI problems are solved).

I'll plan a deep test on PPM UI features working on IE11, in order to have a complete map of any eventual bug on the specific configuration I have arranged for my customer.

In case of....interesting or unaxpected results I'll keet updated the forum.

Many thanks again.

Marco Cattarin - TXT e-solutions (http://www.txtgroup.com/txtnext/bankingfinance/Pagine/ITGovernanceQuality.aspx)

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

I have been using IE11 for around 2 months in compatibility mode for PPM version 9.12 and 9.14. And in compatibility mode so far I have not found any issues.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event