Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Clustered Server Configuration - BeanCreationException

Highlighted
Kari Vannieuwen
Valued Contributor.

Clustered Server Configuration - BeanCreationException

I just upgraded a clustered PPM environment to version 8.0. When i try and start the servers upon upgrading I get the following error and the server crashes.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ppmServiceMessageListener' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-backgroundServices.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'backgroundServiceService' while setting bean property 'backgroundServiceService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'backgroundServiceService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-backgroundServices.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'ppmScheduler' while setting bean property 'ppmScheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ppmScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-backgroundServices.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
1 REPLY
Bobby M
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Clustered Server Configuration - BeanCreationException

Hi kari,

This might be due to the virtuasl memory setting of the drive where PPM is installed. Please check whether PPM is installed on 'D' drive and virtual memory is set for that.

PPM will not be having enough memory to run the application so thats why its going down as soon as it is up.

Set the virtual memory paging file system to 1500MB minimum and maximum to 3000MB

Thanks
Bobby