Clustered Bar Chart

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Nikhil Thomas
Super Collector

Clustered Bar Chart

Hi,

I have defined a data source which selects four columns in its output. Project Name, Budget, Actuals and Forecast. I need to create a clustered bar chart portlet which shows three  bars Actuals,Forecast and Budget in a cluster of Project Name. To explain this better, In Y axis i need the Amount (in figures), X axis Project Names and each project name should have three bars( Actuals,Forecast and Budget) associated with it.

I am using PPM 9.10 . I went though the docs for Portlet Creation/Definiton but they did not explain this particular scenario. The cluster bar chart portlet described works only on one particular column of a datasource. I need to have bars for three columns. Can some one please explain how this can be achieved?

Best Regards,

Nikhil 

2 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Clustered Bar Chart

Hi Thomas,

You need to define your SQL query in such a way that it should have only 3 columns (extra in case using ToolTip or Colors).

I have attached a simple custom example to address your issue (i.e Project showing Forecast, Actual & Budget ), you need to design your query in such manner.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Nikhil Thomas
Super Collector

Re: Clustered Bar Chart

Hi Utkarsh,

Cant thank you enough. I was able to modify my query the way you explained and it is working. Many thanks to you and the way you explained. I was able to create the required Cluster bar chart portlet.

Best Regards,

Nikhil

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event