I got the cluster up and running. As I did several changes at one shot Im not sure what did the trick, this is what I did (Im on windows) - Added more RAM and disk (I was a bit short on both sides). It might be that the paging file might have changed in size in this process (I saw that it could make a difference) - Corrected the name for MULTICAST_CLUSTER_NAME according to manual:-) - kUpdateHTML And then fire away and it came up fine, even the nodes. However I still have one problem left, I think multicasting might not be enabled on my vmWare Windows server, anyone that have some guidelines how to enable it and make sure that it works properly?
These are the errors I am facing and why I suspect that multicast is not set up properly: "server:MulticastAgent.ListenerThread:com.kintana.core.server:2010/06/30-16:46:01.636 CEST: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 30323237 at com.kintana.core.server.cluster.MulticastAgent$ListenerThread.run(MulticastAgent.java:279)"
The MultiCasting issue I was experiencing was that the MULTICAST_PORT was configured to be the same in cache.conf and server.conf. They should be different. Different streams. A generel comment is that I found that the MULTICAST_CLUSTER_NAME should *not* be configured as in the HP manual with an 'http:' -adress, the server will then complaint about the ':'