Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Closing a Work Plan that is active after the Project Request has been cancelled

Highlighted
kev marks
Super Contributor.

Closing a Work Plan that is active after the Project Request has been cancelled

How do you close a Work Plan that is active after the Project Request has been cancelled?

these Work Plans are showing up on the Summary task List portlet even though the Project is cancelled.

this is PPM 7.1 SP4

Thanks
Kevin
11 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Closing a Work Plan that is active after the Project Request has been cancelled

Hi Kevin,

Now that it is canceled, you might need to update from the back end:

PM_WORK_PLANS.IS_ACTIVE_FLAG

and you might also need to change the status of the tasks in WP_TASK_INFO table.

Long term, it's a good idea to have a workflow step update all the associated entities when the project gets completed or canceled. There is a special command for this - ksc_update_workplan_status - and there are also commands for budget, benefit, and staffing profile.
Tim Brandish
Honored Contributor.

Re: Closing a Work Plan that is active after the Project Request has been cancelled

Erik, can you give an example of a successful ksc_update_workplan_status call? I have tried several things and they fail.

called from an execution step in the workflow:
ksc_update_workplan_status STATUS="Active"
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Kevin.
In this case we do the following:
-reopen request
-cancel plan
-cancel project

Reopen step set in WF settings in WorkBench
Good Luck
Tim Brandish
Honored Contributor.

That is what we do too (reopen), but the step that closes out the workplan for you seems like a cleaner approach.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Tim, just change your status to upper case:

ksc_update_workplan_status STATUS="ACTIVE"
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Erik.
How can i do this used rule in request type?
Thanks
Amit Taneja
Valued Contributor.

I doubt if ksc_update_workplan_status strategy is mentioned in the documentation. Any place where I could get these details. How did you find out about this case?
Much appreciated.

Thanks Eric, Tim and Semenov.
Tim Brandish
Honored Contributor.

sorry to beat the dead horse, but what is the status value to put the workplan on hold? I have tried "HOLD", "ON HOLD", and "ON_HOLD"
Tim Brandish
Honored Contributor.

I'm going to answer my own question here. I found a known problem that was fixed in 7.1 SP8 where setting the status to "ON_HOLD" produces an error. So, my solution is to upgrade.
lwendt33
New Member.

What table contains the status of the work plan task? We are on PPM 7.5 SP2
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try WP_TASK_INFO