Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Clearing table component

Highlighted
Cris Robin
Regular Collector

Clearing table component

I got a request whicj the workflow copy and create another request from it with all the data.

My problem is that i need to clear the values from several fields and few of them are table component.

How do i make a rule to clean a table component?

please Advice
Sagi
4 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clearing table component

Hi Chris.
This is same request type? If not? then in request types you need set another tokens in same fields.For example:
RT1 Field1 Token(my1). If toy cope from RT1 to RT2 then set TField1 Token(my2)
Good Luck
Milind Kapdoska
Occasional Contributor

Hi

There is no direct way of clearing fields on a copied requests. the way you can do it is setup a execution step that gets executed as soon as the request is created preferably the first step. You can execute a PL?SQL function and clear the fields using a backend update statement which would update the concerned parameters with null value. You need to take care that you can identify in this step if a request was copied or not.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks
Milind
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Hi Cris,

one question regarding your problem, because I'm trying to copy table components from request to project (tokens, validations are the same) but all I get is the number of rows (X Entries) in project details form (which is the same as in request it was created in) but when I go to table details there are no rows (data) at all.
Did you get it working? I would be grateful for any advice.

BR
Lukasz
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

For all the "normal" fields in a request type you can do the following. In the RT definition go to the tab "status dependencies" select the first status in your WF, select the fields you want to be blank and select in the bottom right corner clear=yes. This has worked for us so far, but there where no table components involved, though I could imagine, they would be blanked to.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event