The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkbox in the portlet

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
FrankWang
Occasional Contributor

Checkbox in the portlet

I want to customize a portlet like the "Project Health Pie" chart which is a java portlet with 3 check boxes "green,yellow,green"

but in the workbench I have not find a checkbox validation for the filter fields. In the workbench,validations,there is also no component type for "checkbox"

Is someone get knowledge about this issue?

thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: Checkbox in the portlet

The JAVA portlets are the out-of-the-box portlets provide by HP, and these portlets cannot be modified by workbench; rather they have a JAR file, which I hope cannot be modified.

Regarding the fucntionality of Check-box in portlet filters, then this can be acheived by Multi-select auto-complete list.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
FrankWang
Occasional Contributor

Thans for reply,  yes this is a java portlet , I want to create a new one substitute for the OOTB "Project Health Pie" chart, Only one question is that I can not find a method to design a checkbox, Is PPM do not provide a checkbox for customized portlet.? My PPM version is 9.1.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, Check-box validation is not provided by HP; rather it has given an alternative to use multi-select auto complete list to accomplish the task.

Also one suggestion that, you cannot create JAVA protlets from workbench; rather you can only import them direclty into the PPM system. Please refer "Creating Portlet and Module" guide for more details.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event