Check Environment Error on HP PPM 9.10 installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Nikhil Thomas
Super Collector

Check Environment Error on HP PPM 9.10 installation

Hi,

Iam trying to install the HP PPM 9.10 in my windows machine(XP). I have already completed the pre-installtion procedures which inlcudes three Tablespace creation and PPM user and RML user creation. After running the ppm-install.exe after selecting English and clicking OK on the the Language selection screen , the Check environment error comes which says "C\Java\jdk1.6.0_26 is not a valid JAVA_HOME parameter value. The directory must include a bin/java file shell command sh is needed but can not found".

I have set JAVA_HOME correctly. Can some one please assist me in resloving this?

Regards,

Nikhil

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Check Environment Error on HP PPM 9.10 installation

Hi Nikhil,

bit confusing. You state an error-message but according to the screenshot, the error is different, as is the jdk that you are using.

The error message shows that you are using 1.6.0_07 and implies that the failure is due to the path c:\JDK1.6\jdk1.6.0_07\fastdebug\bin.

Please check that the patch to the java-bin directory is correct and that you don't have several versions installed.

SHOULD you use not 1.6.0_07 but as stated _26, please remove that. There are known issue with any version higher than _19, so please use a jdk-build between _07 and _18.

In this case however, the error does seem to imply that the JAVA_HOME or the PATH env-variable is not set correct or that jdk is not installed correctly.

JAVA_HOME: c:\JDK1.6\jdk1.6.0_07

PATH: c:\JDK1.6\jdk1.6.0_07\bin

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

Nikhil Thomas
Super Collector

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for that. Sincerely appreciate your prompt response. Apologies also becasue the screen print attached was incorrect. The issue how ever got resolved when i tried installation using the install.sh script. This way a lot of steps get bypassed i suppose. Earlier i was trying running the ppm_install.exe which i guess was the problem. I have installed PPM 9.10 now and presently facing issues while bringing up the server.

Like you mentioned i will replace the jdk v26 with jdk v9-v18. I installed using the stand-alone server mode, and while running the kConfig.sh used the default settings. Could this be the problem? Am i supposed to cgnae the server parameters for a stand-alone mode. The PPM centre schema name i used is HPPPM. Should this name be supplied while instaling the configuration. I know im straying from the topic this thread was all about. Should i start new thread for the same?

Regards,

Nikhil 

wellwisher
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to install HP PPM 9.10 trial version in Windows server.  I have download the Software_HP_PPM_App_Port_Mgt_9.10_TD330_15000.iso file from the below

Link: https://h20575.www2.hp.com/evalportal/searchProducts.do . When I extracted this file I got folder named 912, I am not sure this is the right install for 9.10 version.

Could you please provide me the link where I can download 9.10 version with system requirement and PPM 9.10 installation guide

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event