Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Charging Time to Closed Requests

Highlighted
Aaron Clevenson
Contributor.

Charging Time to Closed Requests

Isw there a way in HP PPM 7.1 to charge time to a closed request, and specifically, how do you set the time length after it is closed within which time may be charged? Thank you.
4 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Charging Time to Closed Requests

Hi Aaron,

Can you simply select the closed requests in the timesheets and it should allow you to charge time against it. The user will need to remember to choose 'Yes' on the 'Include Closed?' radio button option.

So, in the timesheet choose 'Add Requests' > then select the filters if required, and select Yes for Include Closed? option, then search for the requests and it should bring up the closed requests as well.

I don't think there's a restriction or setting to set the length of time after a request is closed to charge time against.
Aaron Clevenson
Contributor.

Darshan,

Thank you for the reply. I am familiar with the means for accessing closed requests, and it works fine for recent ones, but ones that have been closed for a longer period oftime are not available.

Aaron
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Aaron,

Hope all is well. One other thing you might look at if you are unable to find the requests to add to the time sheet is the SQL behind the validation "TMG - Time Sheet Details - Work Item"

I don't have a 7.1 here, but in 7.5 it is looking for the resource to have been assigned to the request during the period that the time sheet is for.

ec
Aaron Clevenson
Contributor.

Erik,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check into it. I appreciate the help.

Aaron