Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the starting period

Highlighted
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Changing the starting period

Hi gurus,

I think everyone knows that PPM week periods starts from Sunday and ends in Saturday.

My company policy is different that we use Monday till Sunday.

Already i am using all modules of PPM. In time sheets, i have updated the sql to show from Monday to SUnday and it worked too well as given in PPM Documentation.

My Problem is i need to change the weeks getting displayed in Staffing Profile, Budget and Resource View in workplan.
Is anyone came across this problem and please let me know how did u tackle it.

I was able to do the change in Periods.xml(only weeks) and see the weeks displayed in all the above entities as i required starting from monday. But i am not able to find the impact of the same.

Please throw your thoughts.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
7 REPLIES
Alexei Malinovs
Regular Collector

Re: Changing the starting period

I come across the same issue once. I did a bit of research back then. I found out that it is , most probably, an Oracle settings what to consider first day of the week.

Basically, you need to find how to configure first day of the week in Oracle and Mercurry will follow. But , I have not try this, so , try it on your own risk :)

Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi,

I am able to change the start periods from sunday to monday with changes in periods.xml and i dont need to use oracle for that as it is provided in PPM itself.

Only thing i am worried about is the side effets of the same.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Deep Mehta
Regular Collector

Hi Sangiliraja,

We are having the same issue these days as we want to change the time period to start on Sunday instead of Monday. Monday is default according to Time config guide for 7.5.

Time period can be configured by running the kGenTimeMgmtPeriods.sh command .
But to know the impact, we have logged a ticket with HP software. Waiting for update..
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Deep,

Yes you are correct. Time Periods for the time sheet is easier to change. but other entities is the problem.

Did you tried with update of Periods.xml. HP support only instructed me to change the Periods.xml and asked me to analyse the impact on OOTB and rollups.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Deep Mehta
Regular Collector

Sangiliraja,

I just got update from HP software this weekend :
"It will not impact the ones already created. Also if you change the start day it will not affect the timesheets already created.
If you run kGenTimeMgmtPeriods.sh, the new periods which will be created will have SUNDAY as start day."

P.S. We wanted to have Sunday as a start day.
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Deep,

You are right.

I have changed the time period of all the entities like Staffing Profile, Workplan etc to Monday and everything seems to be fine.

The only doubt i have is it going to affect the budget rollups, OOTB portlets or Resouce Availability.

The SR i have created is in "Work in Progress".

The time sheet changing start period is very easy. Just need to run the update stmt and kGenTimePeriods.sh as you told.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Emir Gocen
Super Collector

Hi,

I have to solve the same issue and assign monday as the week start day in every where.
I was told by HP Support to update the periods.xml file and then run kGenPeriods & kGenFlexTimePeriods commands on cygwin. However I came across a java error as I have attached. Did you ever come across such a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Emir
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event