Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Change the server conf

Highlighted
sevcan
Super Contributor.

Change the server conf

Hi,

I changed a parameter iin the server conf and it started to log error on the server.log. I attach my server log. How can I solve this?

Regards,

10 REPLIES
sevcan
Super Contributor.

Re: Change the server conf

here is the log

Radim79
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

send please the server.conf file. What parameter you have changed?

sevcan
Super Contributor.

I added  com.kintana.core.server.TM_DISABLE_INCLUDING_LAST_TS_ITEMS=false parameter. But, I think I did it while the PPM running. So, I removed it and add it again while it is close. Here is server.conf

Radim79
Respected Contributor.

Are you try run command kUpdateHtml.sh? If this not help try delete directories \server\tmp and server\work and run command kJSPCompiler.sh. All two commands run if your server is down. Only for confirmation, are you on version 9.12 or higher?

sevcan
Super Contributor.

I did the change while PPM is running. When I try to run kUpdateHtml it gave me error about ppm running. Then, I close server and run Jspcompile and updateHtml. My server is not down but it keeps logging error about smt all the time(you can see the errors in the serverlog I attached) and it is so slow.

I will try to clean work and tmp and try reopening.

Radim79
Respected Contributor.

If you change the server.conf on running server there are no effect. Changes will be reflected only after a reboot. The problem is somewhere else. If it's possible, please reboot aplication with runnig kUpdateHTML.sh and kJSPCompiler.sh commands.

Kind Regards

Radim

Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Sevcan,

I also see that you have a @node within server.conf indicating cluster environment, is that the case?

The addition into server.conf that you are making need to be before the @node to take effect as part of your primary server.
Niraj P.
sevcan
Super Contributor.

I cleaned work and tmp. I restarted the server with running kJSPCompiler and kUpdateHtml commands. But,

still it is logging errors. I attached the new serverlog.

Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Sevcan,

Do you have the server.conf from previous backups that you can use? Also are you seeing any problem when you try to access the application, send us the screenshot with what you see when you open the link in the browser.

I would recommend the following,

1. Switch from Cluster to Non-Cluster environment

2. If you have SSO configured, make it a non-SSO environment

Verfiy if you can get the application to work as desired. Moving from a working environment forward would be easier and quicker.

Niraj P.
SureshR
Super Contributor.

Hi Sevcan,

Please check if you have enabled the Debug Logs ON... If this is the case off the logs and restart the server.

Thanks,

Suresh