Change the name of 'Continue Workflow Action' Button

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
bugra
Trusted Contributor.

Change the name of 'Continue Workflow Action' Button

Hello,

I want to change the name Continue Workflow action button in this step. Is it possible ? If this is possible, how can I change it ?

Note : This step is execution step and in this status there are required fields which users have to fill.

10 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Change the name of 'Continue Workflow Action' Button

Hi Bugra,

As far as I know, all buttons' texts written in text files like bla bla.TXT because of supporting language selection. If you find it with a simple text search I think you could find it.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Radim79
Respected Contributor.

Hi Bugra,

try rename this key CONTINUE_WF_ACTION_BUTTON_CAPTION.TXT=Continue Workflow Action in KEXP_Resources.properties file.

Radim

bugra
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Radim,
I found this KEXP_Resources.properties file in this location.

D:\ppm_test\server\HP_PPM_TEST\deploy\itg.war\WEB-INF\resources\wb

and i changed red colored text to completed, but nothing changed. So, I restarted server to recheck but nothing changed again.

In addition to that, Same button is available different languages. English and Turkish but i guess it is only for english version. Anyway, the solution does not work for me both english and turkish versions. Maybe, I have to change different keys to work properly, but i don't know which keys will be changed.

note : ~I use PPM 9.1~

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

This would be a time when you should try stopping PPM, deleting the contents of the work and tmp directories for all nodes and restarting PPM. The old value may just be in these files.

Radim79
Respected Contributor.
Solution

Hi,
some aditional information:

The modified KEXP_Resources.properties copy in knta_classes.jar package located in

D:\ppm_test\server\HP_PPM_TEST\deploy\itg.war\WEB-INF\lib

then delete all files in this location:

D:\ppm_test\server\HP_PPM_TEST\tmp
D:\ppm_test\server\HP_PPM_TEST\work

and run kJSPCompiler.sh

Perhaps it will help

Radim

kndlny
Super Contributor.

Hi,

How did you manage to create "Continue Workflow Action" ?

I know that some default ppm workflows such as PFM - Proposal has it. But I could not manage to create a new one for another workflow. When request process is proceeding, it does not go to "RequestUpdate.jsp" (where "Continue Workflow Action" is displayed) after "RequestDetails.jsp".

Thanks

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

This button is on the page that prompts the user for values of fields required for the step that is being transitioned to.

kndlny
Super Contributor.

Hello Jim,

I know but what I am asking is how to display it between worflow steps. i.e. after a user clicks submit button, another screen will show up and lets him/her to choose a resource from a drop down list. And then user will click "Continue Workflow Action".

Thanks

bugra
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks, It works fine, but how can I change this button names to different languages ? It works for only english.

bugra
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Again,

I found KEXP_Resources_tr.properties in D:\ppm_test\deploy\LP\tr\db\resources and KEXP_Resources_tr.properties is not in the knta_classes.jar package.

I tried other steps to change name but it didnot work. It works fine for english but when the language change to turkish then it didnot work. How can I do this for Turkish language.

then delete all files in this location:

D:\ppm_test\server\HP_PPM_TEST\tmp
D:\ppm_test\server\HP_PPM_TEST\work

and run kJSPCompiler.sh

Perhaps it will help

Thanks.