Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Resource and Staffing Notification

Highlighted
Hiren Malde
Acclaimed Contributor

Change of Resource and Staffing Notification

Is it Possible to change the Notification format of Resource Pool Notifications and Staffing Profile Notification.

If yes, from where can we change the same?
8 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Change of Resource and Staffing Notification

To modify default notifications for staffing profiles and resource pools:
1. Log on to PPM Center.
2. From the menu bar, select Open > Administration > Resource Management
> Configure Notification Defaults.
3. Select or unselect the checkbox for the level of notification you desire.
4. Click Save.

Regards,
Mahendran M
JatinRana
Super Collector

Hi Hiren,
I am trying to achieve Resource Managament and Staffing profile Notification work as is OOB, can you send me the settings?
i am on PPM 7.5 SP3

Thanks & Regards,
Jatin Rana.
JatinRana
Super Collector

I made all changes as per above reply of Mahen, Updated server.conf
com.kintana.core.server.ENABLE_RM_NOTIFICATION_SERVICE=true

1.Created staffing profile with few positions added
2.Click on Send Resource Request

and received error as below:

A database exception has occurred. This is an internal error. Please consult your PPM Administrator.
The following is a stack trace of the exception:
com.mercury.itg.exceptions.InfrastructureException:java.lang.NullPointerException
com.mercury.itg.util.NotificationDetailsUtil.setDetails(NotificationDetailsUtil.java:50)
com.mercury.itg.rm.notification.rule.ResReqNotificationRule.createNotificationDetails(ResReqNotificationRule.java:218)
com.mercury.itg.rm.notification.rule.ResReqNotificationRule.processResReqSendEvent(ResReqNotificationRule.java:97)
com.mercury.itg.rm.notification.rule.ResReqNotificationRule.applyRule(ResReqNotificationRule.java:63)
com.mercury.itg.rsc.staffing.web.SendAssignmentRequestsAction.doExecute(SendAssignmentRequestsAction.java:89)
com.mercury.itg.common.web.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:146)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.PortletTilesRequestProcessor.process(PortletTilesRequestProcessor.java:50)
com.mercury.itg.common.web.PortletTilesRequestProcessor.process(PortletTilesRequestProcessor.java:47)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:415)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
org.ajaxanywhere.AAFilter.doFilter(AAFilter.java:46)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:34)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:65)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.security.SecurityValidationFilter.doFilter(SecurityValidationFilter.java:30)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:725)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:53)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:79)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.I18nFilter.applyFilter(I18nFilter.java:44)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:43)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Any help to get rid off the error would be great.
Dipu.rhythm
Acclaimed Contributor

Hey Jatin

I am also getting the same database exception error. Did you get any solution yet.

Thanks
Dipti
shygirl
Regular Collector

Hi,

I encounter the same issue before. This is a known issue in PPM7.5 SP3...

Please try the attached patch in your development instance.
JatinRana
Super Collector

Many Thanks for your help,
Do you have a list of know issues with PPMC 7.5 SP3 like the one with RM Notifications?

Regards,
Jatin.
shygirl
Regular Collector

I don't have the list of issues for PPM7.5 SP3 :-(. You can check in the knowledge base.
Shravan Kathuri

Hi,

How can i change the Notification format of staffing profile notifications. I need to change the url in the notification content.
Is it possible to change the format for the staffing profile notifications.

Thanks
Shravan Kumar.K
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event