Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Change Demand Request Type

Highlighted
Alexander (Sua)
Super Contributor.

Change Demand Request Type

We have a requirement from users to implement a function which allows to change Request type for a demand from another one

I know that it's possible if enable "request type" field on Request form but it's not a case

So, is there any function in PPM to do it or may be anyone did the same?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES
roxor
Honored Contributor.

Re: Change Demand Request Type

From my point of view it is not possible to change Request type as it is not possible to change Project type of running project.
Alexander (Sua)
Super Contributor.

Hi

It's possible if you enable "Request type" field in Request Header Type settings. But we'd like to do it from another request using execution command
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

I agree with Roxor that you cannot change a request to a different type after it has been submitted. Your method of making the request type editable can give the appearance of changing the request type but this will not change the workflow or the mapping of any of the fields on the request. Unless you are very careful to make all of your request types use exactly the same fields and have them stored in exactly the same parameter fields, you are going to see some very strange behavior.

You could use the ksc_copy_request special command to create a duplicate request with fields mapped according to token names, then close the original request. This could not be done from another request, though.

What is the problem you are trying to solve?

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Actually, PPM OOTB functionality DOES allow you to change the request type of a request, but what is actually does is creating a new request of the <new request type> and copying the corresponding fields.

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem