The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Demand Management Request form Add a Resource Selection Table Columns

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
M_A_A
Super Collector

Change Demand Management Request form Add a Resource Selection Table Columns

When I press the Add Resource button in the Resource Section of a Request form, I get a selection list of all our HP PPM Resources.  The selection list consists of a table of users with the columns Full Name, Username, Department, and Email.  This seems to be default behavior.

I would prefer the selection list in the selection table contains the columns Full Name, Username, TItle, and Email. basically replacing Department with Title.

How can I do this?

Attachment shows an image of what i am referring too.

Thanks in advance, Michael A.

4 REPLIES
M_A_A
Super Collector

Re: Change Demand Management Request form Add a Resource Selection Table Columns

After further research I found that pressing the Add Resource button in a Request calls Validation ID 1065 - PPM - User Id - Enabled, from analysis on the web page source code.  This Validation item is a Read-Only, Seed Data Validation.  I have now copied this Validation and created my own, which includes a column Title and allows me to control what appears.

Now my question becomes how can I either - 

1) Change the Validation ID that the Request Form's Web Page calls for the Add Resources button press, or

2) should i get my DBA to actually UPDATE the KNTA_VALIDATIONS row for VALIDATION_ID = 1065 and replace  VALIDATION_NAME, DESCRIPTION, and VALIDATION_SQL with my newly created values?

3) is there something else I could do that I am not aware of?

Michael A.

Shiwan
Super Collector

Re: Change Demand Management Request form Add a Resource Selection Table Columns

Hello Michael

You have created a new validation which is correct. Please don't update anything via backend. If RESOURCE tab is coming as out of the box then again don't change anything on JSP page as well (Where it is calling default validation).

I would suggest to have a customized field as table component and add same set of columns what you see today on your form. First column that you would be selecting as "Resource", mark your new validation against it and for other columns in your customized table associate related validations.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shiwan

M_A_A
Super Collector

Thank you for your reply.  However, it is only the pop-up dialog user selection display to add a Resource to a Request that I want to change.  I very much do not want to replace the entire Resource Section of the Request that is already displaying so much Time Management and Resource information.

On the selection pop up dialog display i only want to disable the Department column from being displayed and add the display of the Title column.  This is done with the KNTA_RESOURCE_VALIDATION section which uses VALIDATION_ID 1065, for the Validation Name "PPM - User Id - Enabled", in the JSP.

It seems that the Validation being called, for this KNTA_RESOURCE_VALIDATION section, should have the configuration defined somewhere in the database where I could substitute the VALIDATION_ID of 1065 for my own.

In addition, I do see information documented in the Time Management Configuration Guide on how to change entries in the KNTA_VALIDATIONS_NLS table directly for TMG filters, so that I was hoping I could change an entry as well for the Validation of "PPM - User Id - Enabled" for its SQL Query and Parameter set.  So I would like to attempt this as an alternative, if necessary.

M_A_A
Super Collector
Solution

This item has been resolved.  

Where you configure Request Types in the PPM Workbench, on the Resource Tab of a Request Type, if you check the "Track Resources" checkbox, you can then specify whatever Resource Validation you wish to call on the Request Form on the Web Page for the Resources Section of the Request.

This is exactly what defines the Validation being called, for this KNTA_RESOURCE_VALIDATION section in the JSP, and allowed me to substitute the VALIDATION_ID of 1065 (default) "PPM - User Id - Enabled", with my own.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event