Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured the below line "Object not instance of Date or String" in the server logs

Highlighted
shijub
Super Collector

Captured the below line "Object not instance of Date or String" in the server logs

Hi,

We are in 9.14 and recently upgraded from 8.04

TP-Processor5:com.kintana.crt.util.CRTXRequestUtils:2013/03/01-06:00:20.650 EST: Object not instance of Date or String.  Returning null for Date.

Has anybody recieved the above line in the server logs and what steps would help us in solving it.

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Captured the below line "Object not instance of Date or String" in the server logs

Hi Shijub,

there's a defect available that you can check:

QCCR1L46386

Link: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L46386

The issue is fixed and waiting to be released in the next hotfix-set for 9.14.

I don't think that a fix is planned for version 8.0x, given the nearing End-of-Support date.

You can log a ticket with HP Support to see if they can help you on your version but I don't think that will be any value. Best advice would be to upgrade to the latest version of 9.14.

Problem is that the logger is set to error on this one but should be set to info, thus suppressing it without logging being actively set to DEBUG. the line is informational and there is no need to act on it but it IS present in the logs until the code change has been released.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Captured the below line "Object not instance of Date or String" in the server logs

My bad, sorry.

I see that you already ARE on 9.14.

So you can see on the link that I gave you that this is in action.

Should be in 9.14.0006, the next hotfix-set to be released. :-)

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event