Capture Output Command

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Capture Output Command

Hello,

I am troubleshooting a workflow where a transition is not moving a request to the correct workflow step based on a validation. HP suggested that i use a special command to see what the output is of my executable step to determine why the request is not routing correctly. I cannot find any documentation on how to use this command. Can anyone help?
9 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Capture Output Command

Katy, what kind of execution is it and what kind of validation is it using? If it's failing you can usually see a result in the transaction details or the step status will show a log file.
Aravinth
Super Collector

Hi Kathy,

As Eric pointed out you could look into the transaction details to see the error.
If you can provide us with more details on what you are trying to acheive at that execution step, may be we could see what goes wrong.

Thanks,
Aravinth
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Hello,

Thanks for your response. it is an execution that checks the value of a drop-down field (validation) and routes the request based on the value. I am not getting any errors, but the request moves in the wrong direction, and i cannot detemine what value it is picking up that it is routing it that way.
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Katy,

Have you tried deleting the transitions in the workflow and re-creating them? Sometimes this fixes odd transition errors.

Is your WFS validation the same one as is used on the request type? Does it have a default value?

Does your WFS have any transition for an error event?
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

I just tried deleting the transitions in the workflow and re-creating them, but no luck :(

I verified the validation is the same one as is used on the request type, and that it does not have a default value.

the only transition i have for an error event is for a null result. Should i add another?

I'm attaching the graphical view of the workflow. The strange thing is that there is no "traversed" high-lighting so I cannot even determine what direction or what values the workflow is picking up.

Thanks for your help!
ppmconsultant
Occasional Contributor

Hi Katy,

Can you pls ensure that the correct Execution Type and token has been used in the execution step? Sample Set :
Execution Type : Token
Execution :[REQD.P.TOKEN_NAME] of the dropdown field.

Also , can you please check the value of the dropdown field from back end (you can use SQL*PLUS/Toad or any DB query tool that you are using) to see what is being stored in parameter and visible_parameter of this field ? This probably can guide you to further investigate as why the WF is behaving strangely.

Best Regards.

Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Katy, is the 'First Step' for the workflow set to your execution step? It looks like it might be set to that step 6 instead if there are no other traversed steps.
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Thanks Erik! The first step was set incorrectly. I've never noticed that setting before. Thanks to everyone else for their help as well. I am all set now.

--Katy
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

The solution to my problem was to set the "First Step" drop-down to the appropriate workflow step.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event