Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see a project to report time to in V7.1

Highlighted
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

Cannot see a project to report time to in V7.1

We have recently installed v7.1.0 and have started working on it.

From what I understand is that any participant can book time to a project if we configure in the cost and effort section that "All participants" can book time to it.

But a person mentioned in the Stakeholders section does not see the project to book time to.

Could anybody pleae help me as to what am i mssing here?
8 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cannot see a project to report time to in V7.1

Hi.
Only Project Managers can book time to project for example from work plan. Another user - resources on task can book time to rpoject from "My Task" Portlet. Stakholbers use for resive notification and seen full information on project but they are can't edit project.
Good Luck

We have had issues with Users seeing projects also. There have been two main issues.

One was under Cost and Effort, and we needed to uncheck the "Use Time Management to track actuals against this project" setting, save, then re-check. This has resolved some issues.

The other is under Project Security where we switch the setting "Users who can view this project and its tasks" from "All Users" to "Only Participants", save, then switch back to "All Users".

By completing one or both of the above, we have been able to resolve the issues we have had.

NOTE: If some users have been able to book time against the project, you will not be able to complete the first suggestion, but instead should try the second suggestion regarding Project Security.
Matthew Dufresn
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi vamsee,

1. Ensure that you have selected the correct settings in your project settings for the project under the Cost and Effort Tab - correct setting should be "all resources" if you wish to have your Stakeholders log time.

2. Ensure your work plan is set to "Active" - Do this by double-clicking the top level task on the work plan and setting status dropdown to "Active"

M@
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

Hi I have tried all the possible suggestions mentioned here but to no avail.

Anyother suggestions.

Once again: The Stakeholder is not able to see a project to book time to in time sheets.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

In your project settings under the Cost and Effort Tab are you tracking time at the Task, Summary Task, or Project level. If at the task or summary task level, and you do not have the stakeholder(s) assigned to a task, they will not see anything to log time to.
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

The time booked is at the task level.

What I understand from the documents is that any user or any security group declared in the stake holders field need not be decalred for the tasks and they can still book time to the projects.

My requirement is that there are projects wherein I would like a particular security group to be booking time to. How can this be made possible?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
AS variant ckeck security group setting.
In "This secutity group will be used by" set flag in"Time Sheet".
Good Luck
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

I got it guys. Thank you for all your responses.

The resolution was pretty simple. When you select a project from time sheets in the project selection pop-up window there is a check box which says "Show tasks assigned to me" and this is No by default. Just have to select Yes for this option and then all the tasks in the project show up to which you can book time to.

It was pretty simple but very diffciult to point out at.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event