Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Cannot move a request type field to a section containing request header type fields Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
riznad
Super Contributor.

Cannot move a request type field to a section containing request header type fields Error

Hi;

I want to create a new field.

But the field can not be moved to a certain section. When I press move to button on layout tab I faced with:

Cannot move a request type field to a section containing request header type fields

I want to create request field since request header's maximum field limit is almost reached.

Also some times there are flows on status dependencies when a new field defined on request header.

How can I define a new field? how can I workaround "Cannot move a request type field to a section containing request header type fields"

error

Kind regards

7 REPLIES
jsalass
Honored Contributor.

Re: Cannot move a request type field to a section containing request header type fields Error

Hi Riznad,

You can add only 50 custom fields in a request header type. However, for the request type you can add more since the maximum fields that can be created are controled by the "CRT - Max Custom Fields" validation (Open workbench and go to the validations search).

Now, if you create a field in the request type (not in the request header type) you cannot moved that field to a section where only request header type fields can be added i.e the Summary section.

So, what you can do is to go to the Layout tab in the request type and add a new section and then moved your new fields there.

Also, if you want a new field in a request header type section so you need to create that field there and not in the request type.

For further information please refer to the Demand Management Configuration Guide:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM995155

Hope this helps!

Rergards,

Jonathan

d4y4n4
Honored Contributor.

Re: Cannot move a request type field to a section containing request header type fields Error

Hi,

It is currently this way by design. PPM does not allow to move custom field to the request header section.

RnD is aware of this situation and they have logged an Enhancement Request to include this functionality in a future service pack or PPM version.

This is the ER ID:

QCCR1L31749: Allow existing custom Request Type fields to be moved to the Request Header Types

Regards,
Dayana
riznad
Super Contributor.

Hi;

There is a section named S1 which have fields F1,F2,F3

I want to add F4

Here What I want to do:

Create a new section on request details

S2. Move fields F1,F2,F3 here

Add F4 to S2

Does this work?

Thanks in advance

jsalass
Honored Contributor.
Solution

That will depend on where the fields and sections are located:

If S1 is a section created in the request header type (RHT) and F1, F2 and F3 are fields also created in the RHT and then you create S2 section in the RH and also F4 so you will be able to move everything from S1 to S2.

But, if S2 is created in the request type (RT) and so the F4 so you cannot moved F1, F2, F3 to S2. Only F4 can be placed in S2.

Let me know if this is clear for you.

Regards,

Jonathan

riznad
Super Contributor.

crystal clear

thanks

jsalass
Honored Contributor.

Great Riznad,

Please remember to mark the topic as solved.

Take care!
Jonathan
riznad
Super Contributor.

In fact, It is not solved.

It is answered. No solition for 8.4