Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Can you book time to a closed project?

Highlighted
Rajalakshmi Sad
Contributor.

Can you book time to a closed project?

Is there a way to book time to a closed request/project?
5 REPLIES
Mahinder Kariro
Regular Contributor.

Re: Can you book time to a closed project?

yes there is a setting in project type
Rajalakshmi Sad
Contributor.

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me know if you are referring to the Cost & Effort setting-After a task is complete, allow time to be logged.

Is there any other setting available other than this to book time to a specific project after it is closed?
Preeti1
Contributor.

This is about "Unable to log time to a closed project"."I have tested this issue in SP5 and cannot replicate the same; however I did see the problem in SP4 instance.

SP5 has fixed this issue.
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Rajalakshmi,

You are right the setting on cost and effort will allow to enter time on closed project.

But, if you want only specific projects to allow time on closed project then you can create/copy the same project type and allow those projects to use such project type.

So basically you have two project types,

1. Does not allow time to be entered on closed projects.
2. Allows time to be entered on closed projects.

All the projects can follow either of the two options based on if it should allow or not allow time to be entered on the closed projects. Is this what your requirement is? If not, please elaborate it little further to know the exact requirement.
victoria loft
Super Contributor.

We implemented only time management and limited project management for reporting resource's time. We don't want to allow resources to EVER report time against a cancelled project. How do we do that?