Can we send notification based on Alias name only in PPM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

Can we send notification based on Alias name only in PPM

Hi All,

Is it possible to send notification to an alias name without any DNS i.e @gmail.com, @CISCO.COM....The alias name would be entered by the user on the request form.

Thanks,
Phani
8 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Can we send notification based on Alias name only in PPM

Hum.... You can manage a validation, the visible value(VISIBLE_PARAMETER) will have the alias name and the invisible (Parameter) will have the email address, Use the token which fetches the Parameter(Email ID) to send the email.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

hmm..you mean that if we have all the alias name known in advance and fixed that users are going to put alias from a list of alias of which i am going to have in a validation
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, Exactly

Another Alternative, If you have the same DNS say

Mahendran@Cisco.com
Phanishwar@Cisco.com

Then you can ask the people enter only the name 'Mahendran' or 'Phanishwar' and you can have a hidden field which concatenates @Cisco.com and you can use that field to send Email.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

ok..what if they sometime they enter just alias name and sometime with @cisco.com?.I believe for naming any alias '@' is not allowed so we can check for @ in the alias name and if they do not have concatenate else not..rite?

In our case they do not wan to maintain list of alias as they takes business time and hard to recall and manage.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes you can check for @ and raise a warning.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

I have a field called alias on the reconfirm page . if they entered @ with alias how can we raise warning?
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

I have !Warning image to raise warning.

one more question ..do we have image for Black color in ppm7.1 sp7 as we have yellow, green and red ?
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

I am not an expert in these warning, If you have any document on how to raise these warnings, Please share with me.

Regards,
Mahendran M