Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Can we clear filed values while taking copy of closed requests in PPM 7.1 version

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

Can we clear filed values while taking copy of closed requests in PPM 7.1 version

Hi,

There is a business need to take clear fields value after taking copy of the created requests(closed)..Is that possible in PPM 7.1 version. I tried to do it by writing a rule at event " On Creation" it does not work..also I tried to using "Clear" functionality under Status dependencies at Not Submitted state..it doesnt work..pls help..

Thanks!!
14 REPLIES
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

Re: Can we clear filed values while taking copy of closed requests in PPM 7.1 version

Please take this on priority. Pls let us know if this feasible or not in PPM 7.1 version..

Thanks in advance!!!
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Can we clear filed values while taking copy of closed requests in PPM 7.1 version

If you can use this as a command workflow step it will work.

Please use the command as follows.

ksc_store [Token] = "",""

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

I have a request Type that is closed on submit (Workflow with Single Execution Step only) . Now once the request is submitted it is closed. After it is closed user will use "MAke Copy" functionality to take copy the of request such that some fields value should not be copied.

IS that if I use this COMMAND on the execution step then on copy token for which this command is used those fields value would not be copied?? right..pls confirm

Thanks for your response!!!
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

This command will Clear the value on submission . We dont want to clear on submission. we want to clear on taking copy of the request. put your thoughts!!
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hum... You can have additional fields such that the values are copied to the newly added field. In closed status show only the newly created fields that have the value.

Else there is a command to copy to new request

ksc_copy_request is the command I think, Give a try and let me know.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

ok...thx!!

Is that in PPM8.0 we can write rule on COPY Event. Any idea....
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nope, I dont know.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Or you can enable Notes History for these fields. So the actual value will be entered in the notes section.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I am getting following error while using ksc_store command. i am trying to implement your solution for that I need to clear values for original fields.

Attachment File could not be downloaded. The File: REQ_215097/REQ_215097_BID_8033248.html no longer exist in the server. Please contact your HP Project and Portfolio Management system administrator. (KNTA-10697) .Pls see the attached error file.

Pls take this on urgent!!

Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

I cannot see the snap clearly

ksc_store REQ.P.P_ASSET_PROJECT_PLAN = "",""

Anyway above is an example.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

I tried your token format..still I am getting the same error..

command used ; ksc_store REQD.P.APAC_THEATER_TREND="",""

Attachment File could not be downloaded. The File: REQ_215109/REQ_215109_BID_8033250.html no longer exist in the server. Please contact your HP Project and Portfolio Management system administrator. (KNTA-10697) ..does command has association with server settings?..I dont have any idea of that..
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Not sure what is wrong here, Please show the Workflow Step Source Snap.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

please find the attached workflow command snap.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Need a snap like this.

Regards,
Mahendran M