Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change the Base currency Yen

Highlighted
ashu_21
Super Collector

Can we change the Base currency Yen

Can we change the Base currency  from Euro to  Yen or any other currency ?While configuring it's allow us to set only one currency as base currency.

7 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Can we change the Base currency Yen

Hi Ashu,

the base currency is set upon installation or upgrade of the instance and cannot be changed afterwards. There is one tiny exception and that is that you have NOT entered ANY financial data into the system at the time that the base currency should be changed.

Other than that, there is no possible way to do with without data corruption involved.

Let me know if you have questions about that.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

ashu_21
Super Collector

But if the same PPM implementation we are going to implment other region like Japan,China apart from Europe .As we set the base currency euro but if we are implmenting PPM at global level then it's not acceptable by other region since they want financial data in their currency.So is there any alternative way  to cop up with this issue ?

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Ashu,

as explained in the other thread:

- Create exchange rates for the base currency to add a new currency.

- Create a new region.

- Associate new region with new currency.

- Add region to project template

- Tell PMs to create projeccts per region using the project templates

- Tell the users that need the financial data to view in local currency to set their 'open' -> 'administration' -> 'edit my profile -> regional settings -> to view in local currency.

Setting the edit my profile to local currency means that all relevant data (except for NVP and one or two others) will be shown in the local currency of the REGION.

Thus, if you have the following regions and currencies:

Germany - Euro

China - Rinminbi

Japan - Yen

then a project with associate region Japan will show every financial data in Yen if the user has the profile to show financial data in local currency.

Does that help?

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

ashu_21
Super Collector

Base currency - Indeed I am aware of the same but my question.. is how to change the base currency itself... from Euro to Yen, if it's easy I would like to take up this one . it helps to establish PPM as a global tool.
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Ashu,

as stated before - it's not possible to change the base currency once you have entered financial data into the instance without data corruption.

This is not supported.

Best regards,

Dirk

mers999
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm still can't change the currency. Can anyone please help me to change the default currency? But I can see that there is a note saying the default currency can't be edited.

Thanks

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Mers

I can only repeat what I've stated before.

Can the base currency be changed? Yes. Under circumstances.

What are the circumstances:

NO financial data on the instance present.

The operation should ONLY be executed with the help of Support and does NOT work for financial data that has already been inserted, which will be corrupted during the currency change. It should therefore not be executed on a live production environment.

Best regards,

Dirk

Please consider setting the thread to solved if the question is answered

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event