Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add "pop up" which prompts for confirmation while cancelling a request.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
sam.greg

Can we add "pop up" which prompts for confirmation while cancelling a request.

Hi,

When a user click's "cancel" button, can we add "pop up" which prompts for confirmation message some like "Are you sure you want to cancel the request".
10 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Can we add "pop up" which prompts for confirmation while cancelling a request.

I hope there is a pop-up.

Regards,
Mahendran M
sam.greg

Re: Can we add "pop up" which prompts for confirmation while cancelling a request.

Hi Mahendran,

We don't get a pop-up.

When we click on "Cancel" button. With out asking for confirmation, request is closed.

Can this some how be configured so that if user a clicks on "Cancel" butwto they will be prompted to confirm if they are sure they want to cancel the request.

Our PPM version is 7.1 SP6.
sam.greg

Hi Mahendran,

I have gone through the screenshot, but that is not the place where user clicks on the cancel.

Under "Actions Available" if a user clicks on cancel button, request is closed with out any confirmation.

Please find the screen shot attached.
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hello Sam,
you probably mean one of the orange buttons labeled with "Cancel" not the greyish one in the bottom right corner of the status section. If so, you can have such a confirmation page/pop-up if you configure the corresponding transition in the wokflow. Double-click the line from the wf step to the cancelled endstep. Double-click the entry where value = cancel, then check the checkbox at the bottom. This way the user will have to give a reason, why it is cancelled. If he clicked accidentally on cancel he can go back and stop cancelling the request.
Jyotir ++

Hi Sam,

Yes, its possible , we have implemented the same thing but it will work in case if you have only one Action Button, basically it shows message for All action button on form.You can use this if you have only 'Close' action on form and want to confirm from USer before closing.

Hope this will help you.

-Jyotir
sam.greg

Hi Sascha,

Thanks a lot, this is want I was looking for.

I have a question related to this issue.

When we enable the checkbox at the bottom and click "cancel" button in request it redirects to a page where user has to provide the reason for cancelling the request.

In this page there are two buttons named "Done" and "Cancel" can we change this buttons to some thing like "Confirm" and "Abort"?
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

That would mean changing the PPM source files, which in general is not the best idea. I think it might be in
\ITG\server\Server\deploy\itg.war\web\knta\crt\RequestWorkflow.jsp
Lines 599 and 605, but I did not test it. If you dare to make changes there, you will need to let PPM recompile the JSP.
Carlos Jose Gom
Super Collector

Sure you can mate. we do as follows:

1) Custom Script:

function showDecisionMessage(text) {
if(confirm(text))
this.CONTINUE_PROCESSING_RULE = true;
else
this.CONTINUE_PROCESSING_RULE = false;
}
first parameter: Text to show in popup

2) UI RULE on before save event (that applies for saving request or before transition) calling that ui script.

I hope help you
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

We do this all of the time in various request types. It's implemented a couple of different ways. One of them is to put a separate step in the WF, after the step with "Cancel" button, but before the Close step. This new step is an Execution Step (Token type) with the token name of a field in the Request Type that has "Yes" and "No" values. The field is Reconfirm and Required and Visible only on a new Request Status associated with the new Execution Step ("Close Approve - Yes No", or something like that. The field is named "This will close the request. Continue?"

The routing in the Workflow goes to Close if the user choosed Yes, and goes back to the previous step if they choose no.

We also do this a different way with a Decision step with two available buttons routing the WF appropriately - "Request Cancellation Approved" and "Request Cancellation Denied".

Both ways work well.

Thanks,

Jamie
sam.greg

Hi Sascha,

That answers my question. Thanks a lot for your time.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event