Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an indicator be added to a request?

Highlighted
Mike Ramberg
Super Collector

Can an indicator be added to a request?

Is there a way to add an indicator, similar to the red, green, yellow health indicators in project, to a request? I would like to have a rule that on request load, checks a due date field and displays a colored icon to indicate if the request is approaching the due date. I can do this in custom portlets, but have not been able to figure it out on a request. Thanks
13 REPLIES
pdhawan
Super Collector

Re: Can an indicator be added to a request?

Yes, you can do that.
write a rule on field change that populates HTML value in a read only field. You can use images/marquee/warning messages as you like.

Shravan Kathuri

How can we use warning messages or alert messages in rules?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Create a read-only text field at an appropriate position on the request. Suppress the field prompt by placing a ! character in the Description field. Create a rule that executes at the appropriate time with something like:

select ' Your message text', ... from dual

Set the field to an empty string to clear the message.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Mike,

If you're looking for the little colored boxes, set something up like Jim said above but instead of text (or in addition to it) just put an image tag that points to the color you want:

Use redLarge.gif/yellowLarge.gif/greenLarge.gif for big ones, Red.gif, etc for small. See enclosed.
Mike Ramberg
Super Collector

Thanks for the help! I have this working now.

Mike Ramberg
Super Collector

All, this is working the way I want, but I added this "Indicator Field" to a request list portlet. When I load the portlet, it just shows the html code. Is there a way to make the icon appear in the portlet without writing my own custom portlet? Thanks again for your help
Emir Gocen
Super Collector

Hi,

Is there a small manual on how to add indicator for both to the request details and custom portlets?

Thanks.

Emir
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike!
Obut this (All, this is working the way I want, but I added this "Indicator Field" to a request list portlet. When I load the portlet, it just shows the html code. Is there a way to make the icon appear in the portlet without writing my own custom portlet? )

In RL portlet it's impossible.PPM have't any icon validation i.e. you cant add this in request directly. You need spetsial filed icon and icon source. It's possible only in custom portlet.
See any sample in attach.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

query for icon source:
select pr.pfm_request_id,
pr.project_name,
trunc(pr.creation_date,'dd') cd,
case when trunc(CURRENT_DATE,'dd')- trunc(pr.creation_date,'dd') <=10 and trunc(CURRENT_DATE,'dd')- trunc(pr.creation_date,'dd') >5 then 'red'
when trunc(CURRENT_DATE,'dd')- trunc(pr.creation_date,'dd') <=5 and trunc(CURRENT_DATE,'dd')- trunc(pr.creation_date,'dd') >=2 then 'yellow'
when trunc(CURRENT_DATE,'dd')- trunc(pr.creation_date,'dd') <=2 then 'green'
else 'black'
end color

from itguser.pm_projects pr

where trunc(pr.creation_date,'dd') between to_date('01.03.2010','dd.mm.yyyy') and to_date('06.04.2010','dd.mm.yyyy')

Good Luck
Emir Gocen
Super Collector

Hi,

I was able to add graphics to a custom list portlet to attract the attention of the resource managers on the requests which are more urgent than the others. I make it by hardcoding the URL of the graphic object (.png) on a field, using this field in the data source and clicking "Source Contains HTML" in the portlet configuration. I have one question: The graphic object is not exported in both Excel and Pdf export options, did you come across such an issue? Were you able to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Emir
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Maybe it is not capable of exporting .png?
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi All,

I followed the instructions from you and it works, but when I'm trying to save the request with the graphic PPM shows the following error message:

Error: The P_6 parameter is malformed

And int he log file shows this:

JSESSIONID=4BC41531FD73D94B76677E8F7CC4F5D9.DAVPPM,USERNAME=admin server:http-0.0.0.0-80-Processor19:com.kintana.core.server.servlet:2010/02/23-18:41:
57.859 GMT-05:00: parameter P_6 with value from X.X.X.X has been encoded
JSESSIONID=4BC41531FD73D94B76677E8F7CC4F5D9.DAVPPM,USERNAME=admin:http-0.0.0.0-80-Processor19:com.kintana.core.server.servlet:2010/02/23-18:41:57.859
GMT-05:00: org.owasp.stinger.BreakChainException: The P_6 parameter is malformed

Does somebody has any idea???

Kind regards,
Daniel
Emir Gocen
Super Collector

Hi Eric,

You are right: it is not capable of exporting .png, but it can export .gif :)

Thanks.

Emir
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event