Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

COPY fields to new Request Type with different TOKEN names

Highlighted
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

COPY fields to new Request Type with different TOKEN names

Greetings!

I was trying to auto-create a new type Request from one Request Workflow by copying some fields of existing request using ksc_copy_request FROM_REQUEST_ID="[REQ.REQUEST_ID]" REQUEST_TYPE_ID="30297" WORKFLOW_ID="30729" COPY_FIELDS="Y" COPY_NOTES="N" CREATE_REFERENCE="Y" REFERENCE_RELATIONSHIP="Child of this Request" SUBMIT="Y".

My problem is: most of the fields that I want to copy over have different TOKEN names in two reqeust types. So, the above command isn't quite helping me. Its been a while but I remember seeing an execution command buit using KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL package in 5.5 which was used to accomplish this but I am getting lost :smileysad:
Can anyone give me a tip. Would really appreciate it !

Thanks.

-Raj

2 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: COPY fields to new Request Type with different TOKEN names

Well you can user "copy_request" procedure within the "kcrt_request_util" package. 

In previous version HP  has provided the functionality to copy uncommon tokens using the VALIDATION. In currently script also it has been written in commnets that..

--  -- Purpose: Create a new request of type p_request_type_name. 

--          Some values are defaulted from the request p_from_request_id. 

--          The values that needs to be defaulted are stored in 

--          p_validation_name validation.  This validation uses 

--          code and meaning to provide source token and dest token. 

--  -- -----------  --------  ---------------------------------------------------- 

But in whole script I cannot find p_validation_name variable... :smileywink:

So in my case, we have created a function to copy the desired fields from its parent request after the child request is created.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: COPY fields to new Request Type with different TOKEN names

Thanks Utkarsh. In fact I am kind of  facing similar confusion regarding "p_validation_name" .

If i remember correctly, this procedure used to be much simpler in earlier version but in our current 7.5 version, "copy_request" procedure within the "kcrt_request_util" package seems a little confusing and I just am not able to figure out how to utilize the prodedure to copy the desired fields values with uncommon token names between them.

I was thinking about that additional step in Child request WF too but that one is a very critical type of request type and we very rarely get approval for any changes there so I was hoping to get one created without touching that WF. 

Wonder if anyone else would have any additional suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

-Raj