Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Types and Categories

Highlighted
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Budget Types and Categories

Hi all,

Does somebody can help me to create a new categories for a budget type in PPM 8?
I created a new budget type and I need to associate new categories for that budget type.

I´ll appreciate your assistance!!
Kind regards,
Daniel
5 REPLIES
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Re: Budget Types and Categories

Does somebody has any idea???
Vibhor Dwivedi
Regular Collector

You want to add new category to budget or You want to add category for budget lines,like for labour and non-labour cost lines.

Manas Bagde
Super Collector

Hi Daniel,

You can create categories from back end.
In ppm8.0, to create new categories from back end you need to write update query on knta_lookups table. And if you observer ppm8.0 knta_lookups table you will find two new columns like, REFERECE_CODE and DEFINITION_LANGUAGE. REFERECE_CODE will contain some encrypted code (can be generated from some encryption script). If you manually provide any value for REFERECE_CODE column also it will work but if any language packs installed to your ppm8.0 instance then system will not recognize manually provided REFERECE_CODE value.

Hope this info will help.

Regards,
Manas
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Manas

Thank you very much for your response!!! The issue that I have are with the finantial types and categories. I need to create new types like labor and non-labor,
the creation (at the back end as you suggest I already did) but I got two Issues...
1.- I created new categories to that finantial type but the new categories
arent asociated with the new category. As you comment in PPM8 into the table knta_lookups_nls (the new name, because knta_lookups in PPM8 now is a view) has the new columns but the REFERECE_CODE didn't help me to associate the new categories to the new type.
2.- The other issue is when I use the new financial type, I couldn't edit the values for that category associated to that financial type and the view in PPM got some
error with the label (please look to the attached file)

Do have any ideas???
Kind regards,
Daniel
KeanChen
Super Collector

Hi,

I have the same problem, any idea? 

When add the new budget, I can't associate a new Categories.

Thanks..

Regards

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event