Did you mean: 

Branding your instance - logon.jsp change in SP 8

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dana G Smith
Super Collector

Branding your instance - logon.jsp change in SP 8

In our development server, I had changed the color of the signon screen from blue (003366) to Maroon (A31212) to distiquish between servers. Since applying Vs 7.1 SP 8 on our development server, the change was overlaid. I re-applied the change, but the signon screen was not effected. I have recompiled the jsp, I have rebooted server, I have cleared cache and rebooted my pc. Is there another instance of a logon.jsp besides /server/kintana/deploy/itg.war/web/knta/global ????
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Branding your instance - logon.jsp change in SP 8

Hi.
looks like you did everything necessary to re apply the color change. Did you use a script to apply the changes in all files? The login screen consist of these files:
Logon.jsp
LogonContent.jsp
LogonError.jsp
LogonStyleLayout.jsp
(Logout.jsp)
We did the same to distinguish our instances with a script, recompiled, cleared caches and now we have a bright green dev instance.
Regards
Sascha
Dana G Smith
Super Collector

I did this manually with search/replace. Would you mind sharing your script? Thanks.
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Ok, in the shell script there are three locations where a color code is searched an then replaced. replace them with your color codes then run the script (preferably on a test instance first), recompile, clear caches (server and local).
Finally you may want to change some gifs too.
Regards
Sascha
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

We have many customizations as well.

We handle this by checking all of our custom JSPs into version control. Then when we apply a new SP, we will take the out of the box JSP and merge our customized changes in. Then we reapply the JSP to the PPM installation.

This ends up being a bit of a hassle but it is not too bad. And it allows us to keep the custom branding that our users have become so accustom to.
Dana G Smith
Super Collector

Thank you. I did also have to change:

CorporateBrand.gif and CorporateImage.jpg

I'll use the script on our Dev box and see if I can get the logon screen back to red.

Thanks for the input and the script.
Dana G Smith
Super Collector

Closing discussion
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event