Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Booking Time to a Project

Highlighted
vamsee_1
Respected Contributor.

Booking Time to a Project

Hi,

We are currently on V7.1 without any SP version.
We are facing a problem wherein on a project plan even though I do not mention a resoruce as a project resource either at the tasks or stake holders level the person is still able to book time to it.
I have checked the project type seetings also,
In the cost and effort tab it s set as "All Resources" - who can view the project (including stake holders) can book time to it.
In the Project Security tab I have allowed on the Project particpants to be able to view the project.
Is there a bug in this version of 7.1 or am i missing on something here.
4 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Booking Time to a Project

Hi
Booking Time to a Project can only PM directly from work plan.
Other users can book time from my task portlet or Time Sheet. For this you need activate WP t.e. task 0 status=active
Good Luck
vamsee_1
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for that Semenov.

The user is booking time from a time sheet.

The problem is he is neither a resource assigned to any of the tasks on the plan nor is he in the stake holders group. But still he is able to charge time to this project.

According to the settings that I have made he should not be able to charge any time for the project.

Any ideas on this please.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,
I am not exactly clear about your question. I am reframing it, Please let me know whether I am correct.

There is a person who is not added to a particular project and its tasks. Still he is able to book time against this Project.

Also you checked the Project Type settings in which 'Allow the following to report time on this project:' checked on 'All resources'

you want only the people assigned to tasks only should book time against this task.

In this case you have to select 'Assigned Resources' not 'All resources'.

Not sure whether I answered your question. Please let me know if I took in the wrong sense.

Thanks,
Regards,
Mahendran M

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

On the request type, do 'All Users' or 'Workflow Security' have View or Edit?