Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Block the Time tracking on closed Demand

Highlighted
jyoti_jena
Regular Contributor.

Block the Time tracking on closed Demand

Hello Friends,

We have Time Tracking for Demand requests (Like Proposal and other Demand request as well). People can do the Time Tracking on closed Demand, with adding from My Item List.

Please let me know if there is any setting to stop the Time tracking on Closed Demand as well.

Thanks,

Jyoti

P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to Project and Portfolio Management Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Block the Time tracking on closed Demand

Hi,

Couple of options:

- you can configure Time Management policy extension so as to add a policy. We have one that prevents resources from submitting time on Request work items that have been closed or cancelled for more than 7 days.

- you can have a script periodically run and remove any closed items from TM_RESOURCE_QUICKLIST_ITEMS which will remove them from the users' My Items lists

Gundeep
Valued Contributor.

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the reply. 

- first option you provided for time sheet policy settings I guess you are telling about the Project setting where under time sheet setting we have certain option to restrict time charging against requests for 7 days. Request Types like Proposal and other Demand requests do not have such time sheet setting. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. 

- second option for creating the script can you please help me to know the process of creating the script and some pointers which can help me to create it. 

Regards.

Regards
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

You're correct about the project settings, but that's not what I was referring to. Look for the section on Custom Rules for Time Sheets in the Time Mgt Config Guide. It basically involves writing a SQL query to return items that time should not be permitted on, and a message to the user if they try. The rule is tested upon time sheet sumbission.

Here is my script to remove the quicklist ("My Items") items. It removes any requests that are on step "Approved" and tasks that are closed or cancelled. You'd want to adjust the logic to your requirements.

delete from TM_RESOURCE_QUICKLIST_ITEMS
where resource_quicklist_item_id in
(
  select resource_quicklist_item_id from TM_RESOURCE_QUICKLIST_ITEMS
  where 1=1
  and work_item_type = 'REQUEST'
  and kcrt_request_util.Get_Workflow_Active_Steps(work_item_id) = 'Approved'
union all
  select resource_quicklist_item_id
  from TM_RESOURCE_QUICKLIST_ITEMS
  where 1=1
  and work_item_type = 'TASK'