The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background services stopped

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Yevgeniy Demche
Super Collector

Background services stopped

Yesterday we did some work on the server and accidently changed system date wrong, then changed it co correct value. PPM survived that, but background services seem to die. For example, actuals from "My tasks" portlet don't go to task actuals in work plans. Scheduling page shows that they are running, but audit page shows they didn't run a single time since yesterday.
Where should I look now? How can I bring services back to work?
Help, please!
2 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Background services stopped

You can stop and restart services with the kRunServiceManager.sh script. This normally clears any problems with the execution of services.
Yevgeniy Demche
Super Collector

Re: Background services stopped

Thank you! I found the reason: the server time was set on June 20 and then changed to July 20, and all one-per-minute and one-per-five-minutes services tried to execute for entire motnth. Services queue was owerflown and refused to work at all.
I tried to restart services with kRunServiceManager, I'm not sure did it help or not, because short after that I simply restarted PPM instance, month-long queue caused heavy load for some minutes, but eventually came to normal work. Now all works fine.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event