The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Awkward Issue] Idea End Period till December 2017 but Staffing Profile periods end at Dec 2015

Highlighted
chandrajit1988
Occasional Contributor

[Awkward Issue] Idea End Period till December 2017 but Staffing Profile periods end at Dec 2015

Hi,

Recently, I came across an awkward issue in HP PPM 7.5. The End Period for an Idea was till December 2017. The Idea has been created properly, but the Staffing Profile shows values can be entered upto December 2015.

I checked for the highest generated periods(end_date) in knta_periods and kmtg_periods and they were 1/3/2021 and 21/31/2017 respectively. So, as per there should be no issue.

But, There are no periods in staffing profile available after Dec 2015.

Any suggestion from anyone would be very helpful.

8 REPLIES
chandrajit1988
Occasional Contributor

Re: [Awkward Issue] Idea End Period till December 2017 but Staffing Profile periods end at Dec 2015

Does anybody have any Idea as to how this issue can be resolved?

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: [Awkward Issue] Idea End Period till December 2017 but Staffing Profile periods end at Dec 2015

Hi Chandrajit,

in ppm_home, under /conf/periods-directory, check the available periods and if necessary, modify the existing Periods.xml to reflect the future dates.

Run the kGenFlexibleTimePeriods.sh script
Create a new staffing profile to make sure everything displays as expected

Test this first on a test-environment.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

chandrajit1988
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dirk,

I will try this out and let you know soon.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Cool, wish you success.

Let me know how it went.

Best regards,

Dirk

chandrajit1988
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dirk,

Sorry for a late reply. I tried out your solution but still the problem persists.

Any other way you think it might be possible???

Regards.

Chandrajit

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, chandrajit1988,

until PPM 9.12 PPM works as follows: The Forecast and Actual Details section displays a table with the forecast and actual costs of the entity, on a monthly or quarterly basis, over a time range from two years ago to five years from now (this is quoted from the documentation of PPM 8, but it applies to older versions such as PPM 7.5, it was not documented in 7.5).

starting PPM 9.12: Prior to version 9.12, the data (where present) was displayed over a fixed time range from up to two fiscal years ago to up to five fiscal years in the future. Financial summaries also displayed graphical data for one selected fiscal year in that range. In version 9.12, administrators can configure the earliest and latest fiscal years of data to display, up to 20 years ago and up to 20 years in the future, by using the Administration Console to specify the new server.conf parameters NUMBER_OF_PAST_YEARS_TO_SHOW_ON_FINANCIAL_SUMMARY and NUMBER_OF_FUTURE_YEARS_TO_SHOW_ON_FINANCIAL_SUMMARY. The valid values range from 0 to 20, and the defaults are 2 and 5 for consistency with the previous design. The tables display data over the range of years calculated from the values specified in the parameters.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
chandrajit1988
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried out your solution as to what you indicated similarly in PPM 7.5

The corresponding parameters are TMG_FUTURE_PERIODS_TO_ALLOW and TMG_PAST_PERIODS_TO_ALLOW in PPM 7.5

There have been nop changes even after changing these parameters.

Regards,

Chandrajit

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, chandrajit1988,

I never suggested using these parameters, since they apply solely to the Time Management module.

My suggestion was to upgrade to 9.12 :).

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event