Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically assign resources from staff profile to tasks in workplan?

Highlighted
B Swanson
Regular Collector

Automatically assign resources from staff profile to tasks in workplan?

Hello,

We are familiar with the resource assignment functionality, where a user creates a staffing profile and submits a resource request. Then the resource manager assigns specific people to fulfill the demand at which point the project manager can assign those specific people to tasks in the workplan.

So, here is the question - in our case, users want to decide the resource needs by role (i.e Business Analyst) and they are creating workplan templates using those roles. Once the named resources are assigned by the resource manager, is there any way to automatically update the tasks in the workplan to assign the named resources for each role to the associated tasks?

To clarify further, assume there is a workplan with Task 1 and Task 2. Assume task 1 is assigned to the role of Business Analyst and task 2 is assigned to the role of Developer. The staffing profile is then submitted asking for a BA and a Developer, and Joe is assigned as the BA while Mary is assigned as the Developer by the resource mgr. Is there a way then, to automatically update the workplan so that Joe is assigned as the resource on Task 1 and Mary is assigned as the resource on Task 2?

Thanks!
1 REPLY
SGlr
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Automatically assign resources from staff profile to tasks in workplan?

Hello B. Swanson,

I have same problem, I wonder if you could manage to solve this issue.

Thanks

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event