The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Opening link in same window after sp4 is deployed

Highlighted
happa
Collector

Automatically Opening link in same window after sp4 is deployed

Hello,

Facing few problems while opening a link in 8.04 version.

Previously( in 8.03 ), on clicking a link, automatically it was used to open in a new window( as a pop-up).

But, now after deployment of sp4, some links( fields) which are in reference with the request header type fields are opening in the same window.

The field name is " : " under 'Summary' section ,which has a token linked with Capex Slide Report. Attached the screenshot link1.

In the Proposal Page, while clicking on the link , it is opening in the same window(not as a pop-up). Attached the screenshot link2.

I have compared the field details with the one in the previous version. Everything is same as it was in 8.03.

Can you please tell me why the behaviour is changed in 8.04 or if there is any option to open it in a new window automatically on clicking it as it was in the previous versions.

Thanks in Advance for your reply.

Best Regards,
Sanjeeban.
3 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: Automatically Opening link in same window after sp4 is deployed

Hi, Sanjeeban,

You should ask HP why this behaviour changed.

As a workaround, you can try the following: since this looks like a custom-generated link, you can wrap it with one of PPMțs javascript functions (for example javascript:openWindoid) in order to open your links in another window.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
happa
Collector

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, if the link was in a jsp page then I could have changed.

But, by default it is present as a field.

We have this same link for projects, which is used in the ViewProject.jsp page.

And for projects, its working fine. It is opening in a new window.(instead of openwindoid, target= new is used there).

But how can I control this for this field.

I also tried to include the same code in the RequestDetail.jsp, but there its not returning any data in the report.

And, I will then raise a ticket to HP also, asking about this sudden change of behaviour.

Best Regards,

Sanjeeban.

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I am not referring to modifying the JSP, I am only mentioning that you can change the URL in the field itself as follows:

- from http://server/itg/web/knta/rpt/CapexSlide.etc

- to javascript:openWindoid(itg/web/knta/rpt/CapexSlide.etc).

I am not sure of the exact syntax of the js function, but you will find many examples within PPM.

Let me know if it works.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event