The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching .pdf and .zip files (PPM 7.5)

Highlighted
Bernard.Chee
Super Collector

Attaching .pdf and .zip files (PPM 7.5)

Has anyone ever encountered any difficulties in attaching .pdf and .zip files to an attachment field ? Difficulties as in the upload progress gauge progressing along, stopping and then timing out after a few minutes. File sizes are typically < 5mb.

The odd thing is that other filetypes like .doc, .txt etc get uploaded without any issues. I'm not aware of any file-filtering capabilities in PPM...or is there ?

Any ideas about the cause or possible resolutions greatly appreciated, thanks.
8 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Attaching .pdf and .zip files (PPM 7.5)

Good day.
Some time we have this issue in sp 3 but after update to sp 4 all working fine.
Also it may be linked with empty plase in attashment derectory. Try to set more capasity.
Good Luck
Bernard.Chee
Super Collector

Hi Semenov,

Thanks for your reply. When you said "empty plase" in the attachment directory, did you mean like an empty folder ? We are also currently on SP4. Thanks.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi
I mean no enought plase in folder.
Bernard.Chee
Super Collector

Ah, you meant space in the directory ? Yes, I did have a look on the server and space is plentiful.

I'm suspecting it could just be the user's machine as I have no problems attaching the same 5mb file to the same request from my own machine (whereas if I did the same thing using my PPM account on his machine, the uploading fails).
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

An on-access virus scanner can lead to very long upload times.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

We have had complaints from users about performance that eventually admitted they were using dialup on the other side of the world. Bandwidth available to the user can be a significant factor.
Bernard.Chee
Super Collector

As it turns out, that user is now experiencing upload difficulties across other multiple apps (eg. Sharepoint and the like) so we'll let the service desk guys figure this one out.

Appreciate all the responses thus far !
Bernard.Chee
Super Collector

Issue has gone beyond the domain of PPM
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event