Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching a failed step execution log in notification

Highlighted
bzdafro
Collector

Attaching a failed step execution log in notification

Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to attach a failed step execution log into the email message that is sent from PPM? I either would like to attach the actual log itself (and not just a url) or the last 20 lines of the log (like tail -10 etc). My goal is to be able to look at my failed messages from my blackberry, and see why the failure occured.

Thanks
5 REPLIES

Re: Attaching a failed step execution log in notification

Hi,

you can't sent attachments with ppm mail service.

You can use a command line mailer to archive your issue.
There are a lot of freeware command line mailer available.

Regards
Volker
bzdafro
Collector

Hi,

Would I need to setup a new workflow step just for failed, which would be an execution step - and have it run the command line mailer? And then have the step transition back to the original failed step?
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

You can use a OR for Fail transition. You can also customize the email message body with custom link to the folder where the failed transaction log gets saved.

Thanks!
Niraj
Niraj P.
bzdafro
Collector

we have added a link to the execution log on our notifications. however, what i am hoping to do is email the last 20 lines of the execution log. So if someone has a blackberry, they can read the error. right now, they get the email, and know it failed and see the link, but they cannot access the link from their phone. What is the OR option? How would I use that? I am not sure what you mean by that.
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am not sure if we have any functionality yet to extract some lines from logfile as part of the email.

The OR Step is the Outof Box step, which you can use as a intermediate step before moving to next step. Normally, if you need to send out an email or want any fields required on previous step's exit only then you can use this OR condition step within Workflow.

Thanks!
Niraj
Niraj P.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event